New 32" or more 4k monitor.

Associate
Hi, I'm looking to get a new monitor and replace my ageing setup of 32" 1080p TV and 23 ips side monitor. No professional use but quality its important to me. My picks so far:

Samsung U32H850 - £570
Benq PD3200U - £770
LG 32UD89-W - £800

I dont know if I can justified paying £800 for 32" monitor when I paid £850 for 65" 4k Tv. All advice welcome.

Associate
OP
Gaming? TVs lack free sync or gysnc 144hz so minus point for tvs
I'm not looking for tv but pc monitor, my old set up is 32" tv 60hz because of that I'm not to fussy about refresh rate. Now back to free sync or gsnc £200 extra for monitor with gsnc is insane. AMD version is not needed as I'm not a AMD user.

Associate
You probably won't go far wrong with any of those monitors. I have an older version of the BenQ 4k 32" and the build quality is awesome (also only paid £600 for it which was nice) - coincidentally I also run a 23" 1080P alongside it and really love the setup.

gsync is a massive premium and if you're cost sensitive/don't care about it then ignore it - you'll find Freesync on almost everything else but it doesn't add any premium and you can safely ignore the feature.

Only other thing to be aware of is that LG are in the process of refreshing their lineup with some additional tech - most notable being HDR support - so you may want to look into that before making a decision.

Agree with you that pricing is difficult to stomach when you look at TVs - but if you want the monitor you'll unfortunately have to pay the price.

Associate
OP
Hi all thanks for all the help. I just pick up a Samsung U32H850 and is a beautiful screen but I have one dead or stuck pixel in the middle of the screen. I got this monitor from rain forest website. I dont know what to do as for me to pay 20-30£ for sending this monitor back is ridicules as its not my fault I did received one with dead pixel. Any ideas? I do have Prime too so I didn't pay for delivery to my house.

Associate
Thank you for useless post.... I did pick up Samsung if you actual read this topic you would know that.
yes

with a dead pixel - so I imagine you wont be keeping it

so send it back and order one without that might well be cheaper

Christ almighty, there isn't really any need for being that ****in rude is there - you could have replied "thanks but I have already made a purchase" but instead you decide to reply with that tone

hope you don't need any help in the future

Associate
I can vouch for the Benq 4k 32 inch. Iv had it two and a half years and it still looks and performs amazingly. Im not sure if the serial number is the same as the one you are looking at, but they look the same! No dead pixels to date either.

Associate
Bit flipping rude - unlikely to get help from people when you talk to them like that. Classic keyboard warrior.

+1

What is it with this generation thinking they can talk to people like that? They wouldn't do it in person that's for sure.

I'd buy the LG Daniel suggested, then hope to god it doesn't break. Having said that, I've read a few of Daniels posts, despite your millennial attitude and rudeness, he'd probably still go out of his way to help you... not that you'd deserve it!

Associate
+1

What is it with this generation thinking they can talk to people like that? They wouldn't do it in person that's for sure.

I'd buy the LG Daniel suggested, then hope to god it doesn't break. Having said that, I've read a few of Daniels posts, despite your millennial attitude and rudeness, he'd probably still go out of his way to help you... not that you'd deserve it!

you are so right

Associate
I just don't get what it is these days, I wasn't brought up to treat and speak to people like that... oh well, rant over. As said, I'd get the LG, I had the LG 24GM79G-b and it was a superb screen, I only replaced it as I'm old and needed something bigger, but would certainly go back to LG for another screen in a flash. Hopefully the new gaming screens still have all the different FPS1, FPS2 etc etc modes as that was a great feature!

Associate
OP
Just got replacement for my Samsung and is flawless. I will be keeping it as is much better then the LG recommended by Daniel. With quantum dot allowing it to be a lot brighter without messing with HDR. LG only come with 12 months warranty, Samsung got 36 months.

yes

with a dead pixel - so I imagine you wont be keeping it

so send it back and order one without that might well be cheaper

Christ almighty, there isn't really any need for being that ****in rude is there - you could have replied "thanks but I have already made a purchase" but instead you decide to reply with that tone

hope you don't need any help in the future

Then next time may be read before replying as I did say just that a post above yours. May be we wouldn't have stupid comments like that if people would say what the think and not lying just not to hurt some one feelings.

Associate
Just got replacement for my Samsung and is flawless. I will be keeping it as is much better then the LG recommended by Daniel. With quantum dot allowing it to be a lot brighter without messing with HDR. LG only come with 12 months warranty, Samsung got 36 months.

Then next time may be read before replying as I did say just that a post above yours. May be we wouldn't have stupid comments like that if people would say what the think and not lying just not to hurt some one feelings.

Damm man, I think you need a new keyboard after that rant!! WoW............

Back
Top Bottom