New 65"+ chrome TV needed

Man of Honour
Budget 2-3k, maybe a little more. Used for tv and films mostly. 3D would be nice to have again. Have always had Samsung or Sony. Need to use John Lewis vouchers. Help!

Soldato
Does it need to be chrome or can it be black or silver:p. I'd of thought you're almost at oled price levels with that budget.

Edit, just had a look, you need 5 grand for that size oled, but it's OK they come with 3 months free Netflix. The qleds start at a smidge over 3k but not sure if they're that much better than led.

Man of Honour
OP
Silver is fine :p

Have been looking at:

The LG OLED55B6 - OLED, but slightly ugly.

Samsung QLED QE65Q7F - bigger, great to look at, but older tech.

Samsung UE55MU8000 - Ugly stand, decent tv

Decisions decisions. Not sure if there is any point in changing our current TV if we don't get OLED and at least 55".

Man of Honour
OP
Just not quite as slick looking or functioning as the Samsung. Having the separate connection box away from the tv is handy for example. I would probably be more tempted to buy the lg if the 65" was still available. Oled is obviously a benefit. Funnily enough the 55" Samsung isn't available, so that pretty much makes up my mind. There is also a £400 trade on offer currently for old TVs for the Samsung.

Back
Top Bottom