• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New 8.660 ATI 9.10 Beta`s - Newer than RC6 & 7

Soldato
8.660 (Catalyst 9.10) 18/09/09

8660sept18.jpg

8660sept18b.jpg

Thanks go out to Rflar. Guru3d.

Seems these drivers arent the same driver as the RC7 or is said to be
but the Catylist control center is updated, probably to fix the downclocking bug ect ect on 58xx hardware.

Also these drivers are ATI cert, Not MSI junk.

Vista/Win7 x86/x64

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SLASCEWU

XP x86/x64

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C1Q00V5M

Soldato
OP
Just been playing resident evil 5 for about 20 minutes, full AA 8x 1920x1200
didnt see the frames dip once a solid 60fps at all times.

also 2 cutscenes have played no black screen :o
this was in DX10 mode.

Hope my finding are correct in this game can someone verify..

that there arent frames dips during gameplay or black cutscenes ?
has to be DX10 mode aswell as 58xx hardware.

Permabanned
Shame they stopped updating the drivers for my X1950 Pro... still, does what i ask of it :p
You'll still get updates, just not as frequently.

Basically, they've said they're only going to do monthly updates for stream processor based cards, so that's the HD2000s and upwards.

Everything else will be getting a new driver each quarter.

Soldato
OP
Hmm strange.

Can someone test something for me DX10 is totaly borked in the MINES Level on res evil 5

frames stay at 32fps with a single 5870 and with crossfire enabled they stay at 34fps LOL

8xaa16af.

i think 8xaa is borked becuse turning down to 4xaa the frames are back to normal 60synced.

resident evil 5 is a great game but jesus how long is it going to take for ATI/Capcom to sort this bloody DX10 issue out.

Soldato
Hmm strange.

Can someone test something for me DX10 is totaly borked in the MINES Level on res evil 5

frames stay at 32fps with a single 5870 and with crossfire enabled they stay at 34fps LOL

8xaa16af.

i think 8xaa is borked becuse turning down to 4xaa the frames are back to normal 60synced.

resident evil 5 is a great game but jesus how long is it going to take for ATI/Capcom to sort this bloody DX10 issue out.

Do you have adaptive AA enabled? I noticed a massive fps hit using it with the RE5 benchmark.

Soldato
Hmm strange.

8xaa16af.

ATI have admitted (someone posted in another thread) that they didn't have the game very long to test before they released the Beta drivers which is why preople are suffering.

i imagine this will be sorted in the official release of the CCC's

edit: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18059859

Soldato
Bear in mind the 2d and direct 3d drivers in this package are the same versions as the officials on ATIs site, opengl driver version is 1 minor point higher

Back
Top Bottom