New ADSL Gateway

Associate
Looking for an ADSL gateway that supports at least 4 gig ethernet ports, ADSL 2+ Annex M would be nice but not essential.

Also needs to support more than one PC in DMZ, switching off of NAT and SPI firewall.

Port range forwarding and single port forwarding, QOS etc etc.

Any suggestions.

Oh also important to support a high number of simultaneous connections - 200+ would be nice.

Associate
OP
I would consider £150 but no more.

I don't want to split devices either to be honest as I am trying to minimise power socket use.

My current linksys can do most of these just doesn't support multiple DMZ, it only allows one PC. Does everything else though and didn't cost that much.

Oh forgot to mention wireless N or G is a must too.

I was thinking about the belkin N1 vision but I am not sure if it supports disabling NAT, Firewall. I know it has the gig ethernet ports.

Also not sure whether it supports multple DMZ pc's.

Haven't had any experience with draytek but perhaps they are worth a look?

what about the new netgears or the new linksys 160.

wij

wij

Associate
Have a look at DrayTek, though I feel they are going to be out of your price range once you've got all the features you want out of it.

You may find it is cheaper to buy something like a WRT54GL and flash tomato firmware on it, fairly sure it supports everything you're looking for. You would then just need to ad an ADSL ethernet modem. My device of choice here is the DrayTek Vigor 100/110 (circa £45) as it is a propper PPPoA-PPPoE bridge and won't put secondary layers of NAT or funny routing infront of the router.

Back
Top Bottom