New AV Receiver - PC Blank Screen :(

Associate
Anyone got a clue what may be going on here?

If I don't turn on the AVR first, before the PC power, All I get is a blank screen, sometimes just the mouse pointer appearing in the middle of the blank screen and unresponsive to the mouse movement. Simmilarly, If i switch off the AVR while the pc is on, it again blank screens when turned back on.

very very odd as its the same GPU that worked with no problem using my previous AVR (Yamaha) and now connected to this current new one (Sony STR DN1080)

Only other variable is that I now activate HDR & WCG in Windows 10, which worked for weeks (Shadow Warrior 2 looks amazing!), but even that doesn't switch on anymore in the control panel menu as of today. Bloody windows.

All my HDMI cables are the 'Premium High Speed' ones, 18Gb bandwidth, for a 4k/60p so they are not the problem at least.

Anyone seen similar issues or know what this is?

Man of Honour
Most likely it's the HDMI handshake. PCs don't tend to work so well in the "Oh, hello. Something has changed. I'd better do a refresh." score.

Man of Honour
Look up 'EDID Emulator'.

The data that comes as part of the HDMI handshake is called EDID.

Have a read of the following description of what an EDID Emulator does...
Product Description

This emulator is designed for systems that require EDID/DDC signals to be continuously provided without interruption. Some computer systems, KVM switches and digital video signage systems may interrupt the data, or may not be able to pass this information directly back to the video card. This simple solution will clone the connected monitor's EDID/DDC and emulate them without interruption. Saved default standard resolutions for use when cloning the monitor data is not possible.

Back
Top Bottom