New bed for the 7 year old?

Soldato
thought i better run this through you guys before i spend the wonga. im after a bed like this:
WND005A_1_Supersize.jpg

the one in the picture is a windmere mid sleeper and costs 400 excluding matress.
some reviews saying its not that sturdy so hence why im questioning it here. its made of pine and not chipboard but again some reviews say its a soft wood so chips and dents easily etc.

what other options are available in a bed like this that is gonna be strong and last a long time?

Soldato
Are you so space constrained you need something like that ? At 7 years old your little one has a lot of growing still left to do. Within 5 or 6 years you're going to want a full adult sized bed for them.

Soldato
Looks good for £400, and I wouldn’t worry about it being softwood as it’ll only last about five years, before they either grow out of it physically or mentally.

Soldato
I recently got both mine metal loft beds from IKEA but that's purely because they currently share a bedroom and was in desperate need for more room so they both have a desk underneath to do homework and play on.

They are great if space is a concern but that is the only reason I would choose one over a standard bed and I'm looking forward to replacing them with normal beds. I don't expect to get very long out of them and I'm not looking forward to the day one of them decides to vomit from it.

As for it being pine I wouldn't worry about it, it will mark easier then something like oak but chances are you'll need to replace it in a few years anyway.

Soldato
We got my daughter a double instead of a single, and she was 5 when we did that. We did you with something like that but we were worried that in a half asleep state shed fall out rather than climb out (I know it sounds daft).

Soldato
IKEA do a similar bed got them for our monsters. It’s taller than that as the table is under the bed. Very nice but make sure your ceilings are tall enough. I’ll come back with name.

ignore that at a quick glacne they don’t seem to do it anymore.

Caporegime
Looks like a full size single mattress?
my ex had one for her daughter, looked exactly the same but without the stuff underneath it and the ladder was at the other end near the pillow.

they take a full size kids mattress but £400 for something that's basically a novelty and gets annoying fast.

also your kid ain't climbing down it gently

Soldato
IKEA do a similar bed got them for our monsters. It’s taller than that as the table is under the bed. Very nice but make sure your ceilings are tall enough. I’ll come back with name.

ignore that at a quick glacne they don’t seem to do it anymore.

I used to love being able to touch the ceiling in my bunk beds. It made the whole thing more exciting.

Bunk beds are wonderful, I'd go for it.

Caporegime
Bunk beds are Great until someone smacks their head off one or falls off the top.

I'd get a normal decent bed. Divan with storage from a company like sleepeezee or John Ryan.

They pay for themselves over time.

Back
Top Bottom