New Brakes SUV is this ok?

Soldato
I have a Fiat Sedici which is a kind of crossover SUV vehicle.

Surprisingly it is 6 years old but been 100% reliable (probably because it is 95% Suzuki except Fiat diesel engine) except it has been very heavy on front brakes. I am now changing the discs and pads for the 3rd time in 55k.

This time I am not paying ridiculous Fiat prices and have gone for standard Mintex Discs and EBC Ultimax pads. These cost about 1/2 Fiat prices.

Do you think they will last as long?

Soldato
OP
:eek:

There's no particular reason good quality aftermarket discs and pads will last any less time on the car in comparison to OEM stuff. But three sets in the space of 55k?. Seems a bit excessive?.

Tell me about it. I use to own a fleet of 5 of them, all were the same. The Suzuki SX4 is the same car with the same wear issues.

They offered me cross drilled and grooved for the same price but I could see them flying apart under the intensive wear they have, plus it would be totally over kill for a 120bhp mini SUV.

Soldato
OP
Tbh I used to go thru pads on my old golf in 25k 12 months but that car was hammered everywhere

Yeah but most of my drivers were women lol. I think it might be the combination of drum rear brakes and heavy diesel engine. I must admit I am not moaning as they were great. Would be lovely however to have brakes that lasted longer than 20k.

Maybe VW will get it right, the new Sedici/SX4 will be done as a Volkswagen, maybe they can sort the brakes out in the extra few thousand quid they are charging, lol

Permabanned
What do suzuki say about the excessive wear rate??

I've done over 80K on the same front discs and pads and they still arent done, that is a combination of roads too so no just sitting on a motorway never using them!

Back
Top Bottom