New Breitling Watch Help Rotty??

Associate
hi anyone help seeing all the posts here recently today i went out and bought a breitling b2 with automatic movement(haggled a good discount too haha), im just a little worried ive tested it and it has seem to have gained 5 minutes in an hour this cant be right or is it a settling in time for the automatic movement :S it seems to be doing this every hour so far

Just a little worried any watch experts or enthusiasts(sp) help please ?

is this normal or should i take this back tommorrow an get a refund ?

All of my automatic watches are nowhere near as good timekeepers as the quartz models but 5 minutes in an hours isn't normal. Take it back and get it fixed or changed.

Most autos gain when new and then settle but that is well over the mark, the worst I have ever seen on a new auto watch is 10 seconds per day , it should then settle to within chronometer specs of -4 to +6 seconds per day

if it is gaining at that rate steadily then it may just need regulating ( though that is massively excessive ) if it is erratic then it has a more serious issue , either way it needs a trip back to where you got it from

I have had my Breitling Superocean about 6 months.
At first it gained about 2 mins over 4 days, but after a month or two it settled down and now I hardly notice any gain tbh.
I also bought a watch winder for when I don't wear it so that it keeps it going.

take it back, 5 mins per hr indicates that something else is wrong with the watch ,the regulator on the movement would not be able to compensate for such a large error.

how long does it take for new watches to settle down? i got my Planet Ocean over a year ago and its still slightly fast (3-4mins every 1-2 weeks)

i realise that it is never going to be as accurate as even the cheapest of quartz watches...

pugster said:
3 mins every 2 weeks=12.8 secs a day , it could probably be regulated to 3-4 seconds aday.

at the very least , most of my autos run at about 5 seconds per day, they coukd probably all be inmproved on but I can live with them, my missus has a Rolex that runs at less than 1 second per week

Back
Top Bottom