New budget gaming pc - for legend of mir

Associate
Hi all,

I'm just in between jobs so it's a perfect chance to set up the second bedroom with the pc I've wanted to build for a while. My last pc that I built was in 2005 so I've been out of the game for a while but I can hopefully figure it all out. I've been using Mac mostly in the past few years which though great, just doesn't cut it for games.

The main purpose of the PC is to play a game called legend of mir which is epic but super old so it's not too taxing, however seeing as I'm going through all the trouble of sorting this out, I wouldn't mind being able to play things like counter strike (I haven't played any since source but I think CSGO is out now or somthing...).

Budget is around 500 - 700. I don't mind paying a bit more (or ideally less) but i just want it to be worth the money. I remember buying like a 2k rig which was outdated after 1 - 2 years and really all I played on it at the time was doom 3 and half life 2 (hl2 was deffo worth it). In a nutshell, I want a decent PC, best bang for buck, that can play most games (doesn't have to be on the maximum settings).

I unfortunately have nothing from the past (not even a keyboard or a mouse) as I had to move countries for a while and give it away. I'd need a monitor, psu, cpu, motherboard, ssd (this is a must), ram, keyboard, mouse, case, graphix card... not sure if i'm missing anything out.

Thanks very much in advance.

Associate
OP
I have windows 10 already, installed it on my mac. Budget can also be pushed to 1k if need be. I don't want to go too overboard though as I doubt i'll have much time to do anything on it other than play a 15 year old game :).

Associate
OP
Thanks Danny, I'll have a look. Travelling most of april but will probably build this when I return.

Yes JBuk... super addictive. It's better than euro was, check out Marble on lomcn.

Associate
OP
You're welcome. But spec/prices are out of date now. :)
oh wow that was fast! how quickly do specs change Oo? They used to hold for at least 3-6 months in my day! I may just pull the trigger next week, waiting for a big decision that'll come this week then I'll know how much time i'll have for this "project"

Back
Top Bottom