New Build £1000-£1300

Associate
Hi all,

It’s that time again, to cut a long story short some time ago I had to sell my PC so I am after everything.

I’m not worried about a super expensive mouse and keyboard at this point as I can upgrade them over time.

In an ideal world I’m looking for Nvidia GPU of which I do need a monitor. Preferably gsync at 1440p but I do have a 1080p one for now if it means saving a little more for a future purchase.

I could be swung to AMD and freesync if someone can convince me. Again ideally an Intel CPU but I’m no fanboy by any sense so If I get more bang for buck that’s great

I’ve got a budget of £1000, at a real stretch I could go to £1300 but ideally within that

There’s no particular game I play however newer games I may well play, especially Diablo 4 if we see it soon, ideally I’m looking for best value for money of course.

I appreciate all the help in advance

Caporegime
I'll start the ball rolling by suggesting this bundle - though you may be able to save even more by going with something like a Ryzen 5 1600/decent 8GB kit of ram/adequate motherboard. That may work out even cheaper.

Two monitors caught my eye. I use a TN monitor, and while I haven't experienced the latest eye candy afforded by newer IPS models, I was surprised by how good the IQ looked over my older screen. I've also included a 75hz IPS model as well.

Cheap and cheerful mouse + kb added along with, I think, a decent enough case. I've included a full tower, but of course, it's very much a subjective aspect of a PC build. You may be able to find Windows 10 cheaper than that, but I'm not saying anything else on the matter. ;)

Do you require speakers?

Your basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,250.26 (includes shipping: £22.50)

If I was going to put a chunk of the money on anything, then the monitor would take top priority for that. So, if you don't need, for example, a full tower case then you might be able to get an even better screen, though those ones in the basket look to be decent.

I'm sure other members will be able to lower the price further, but this is the first full build I've done for someone else. I hope it checks out ok. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom