New build, £2k-sh

Associate
So I currently have an oldish system (i5 3570k, R9 280, 8GB ram, etc) - starting to show its age a little so looking to do an upgrade. The only item I'd possibly consider reusing is the PSU (Seasonic 750w X-series), but if I dont then I can potentially just have a spare PC that I could utilise or sell on.

Budget around £2k. I have been looking at the Corsair One or a Germanium build and tempted by a 1080 or a 1080Ti. Mainly for gaming, would also like to pick up a HTC Vive at some point, and it sits in the lounge so quieter and more discrete the better. One of the reasons I liked the Corsair One was the form factor is smaller and watercooled so I guess those would be on the wishlist.

Don't need a monitor, keyboard, etc, just the main box.

Soldato
That's not so bad PC so would definitely wait little.
Zen+ release isn't far away with reviews likely available in couple weeks and availability in month or so.
Increased max clock and memory latency improvements should nicely decrease single thread performance advantage of Intel.
And AMD is going to keep using AM4 socket to 2020 so unlike with Intel there's going to be nice upgrade possibilities.

Associate
OP
Thanks, I haven't kept up to date on what CPUs are out. I've had a look and yeah likely worth waiting for Zen+. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom