New build, any suggestions?

Associate
Hello, that power supply isn't great, and unless you need windows pro specifically you're better off buying the standard version and saving a few pounds on it. You also need a CPU cooler as the K series don't come with a stock one

Associate
OP
Hello, that power supply isn't great, and unless you need windows pro specifically you're better off buying the standard version and saving a few pounds on it. You also need a CPU cooler as the K series don't come with a stock one

Great advice!

I had no idea, I presumed that the retail packaged one would come with a stock cooler?!

I look at getting a third party one then, do they sell any with a stock cooler?

Also, I may look at getting a 650w power supply as well as they are pretty much the same price.

Caporegime
Is this just going to be a gaming PC?

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,411.83
(includes shipping: £0.00)

This GFX card comes with a free 700W PSU.

This m.2 SSD is a proper speed one, look at its read/writes and IOPS numbers.

Win10 home, doubt you would need Pro version?

Or cheaper,

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,331.83
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Associate
the non K cpus still come with the stock cooler, but they have locked multipliers so can't really overclock. I think the idea was that if you're buying the overclocking specific CPU you'll likely want an aftermarket cooler anyway.

Caporegime
the non K cpus still come with the stock cooler, but they have locked multipliers so can't really overclock. I think the idea was that if you're buying the overclocking specific CPU you'll likely want an aftermarket cooler anyway.

No K skylake CPU comes with a cooler.

All K CPUS have an unlocked multiplier.

Back
Top Bottom