New Build Check ~£1200

Associate
Hey guys, was wondering if someone may be able to sanity check my build, see if I've gone with anything stupid, any possible tweaks/recommendations/etc?

Will initially be gaming @1080p, but buying a Rift and greater res monitor in the not too distant future so wanted something that would last me a few years
Already have a couple of 1Tb HDDs (and a 120Gb SSD)
:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,205.47 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

One little extra question: The Gigabyte 1070Ti is currently marked as Pre-Order with an ETA of 26th which is this Friday, was hoping to get delivery by Saturday but looks like that will be quite unlikely if sticking with that GPU?

Cheers :)

Soldato
Intel + gtx 1070ti version
Will perform better then ryzen at VR due to clock speed and IPC

Total: £1,209.94 (includes shipping: £14.10)

Ryzen

Total: £1,196.44 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks orbital! Interesting couple of builds, got a lot of thinking to do over the next days.
That case in the Ryzen build is a beaut, but maybe a little too extravagant for me :p Also, I'd be moving the machine quite often into a bigger room for VR play so bit wary of the glass.
Thanks again!

Soldato
Thanks orbital! Interesting couple of builds, got a lot of thinking to do over the next days.
That case in the Ryzen build is a beaut, but maybe a little too extravagant for me :p Also, I'd be moving the machine quite often into a bigger room for VR play so bit wary of the glass.
Thanks again!

Tried to match case styles, that's just the never version of the white one :)

Back
Top Bottom