New build - no signal.

Associate
Ok so here it goes, I am by no means an expert in builds but on the other side I am not a novice.

I've recently ordered some new parts off * A competitor which you shouldn't name * ( I had a chunk of money owed to me on my account or else I would have came to ocz)

MotherBoard- Aorus AX370 gaming 5 AM4 socket.

Chip - AND Ryzen 7, 1700. 3.0ghz base and 3.7ghz precision boost.

Ram- Trident GSkill 8gbx2 3200.

Basically it all goes together fine but no signal to my monitor.

I sold my gcard and am using a gx7950 (from 2006) just to test it works whilst my new one arrives.

But no matter what I can't get a signal to the monitor...

Any advice ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
It is likely that the gfx card does not have a eufi bios support, so I expect that is what you are getting stuck with. a modern gpu will likely resolve the issue, or if lucky the gfx card vendor will have issued a updated bios for the card supporting the newer motherboard types from the last few years. The difficulty you will have even if there is one available for your card is being able to flash the bios to the card unless you have another computer available.

A quick check suggests cards from your generation do have the ability to be flashed to the newer (non legacy type), however depending on the vendor you may or may not be lucky.

Associate
OP
Hi Black, thank you for the response !

I've got a feeling you are correct the card is very old and was only cheap at the time.

I will be getting a new card when they launch the Vegas so that will be ok. Just really wanted to know it atleast boost now!

The new board is decent and has a digital display for any mobo errors and that cycles fine and doesn't show any issues. Just stops at "boot options" obviously due to it being a new build. But can't see the screen so unable to skip past

Last edited:

tnx

tnx

Associate
So you have a new build but no signal ?

This may sound daft but have you plugged the monitor cable into the onboard socket instead of the GPU by mistake.

I say this cause I built a machine up, tested it, working perfectly.
The lad I built it for took it home and said he knew how to plug all the cables in.

Half our later I got a phone call from this lad. All irate telling me it was broke and I had not built it right.

I went straight round and found the hdmi cable was in the onboard plug, not in the GPU socket.

Easy done ,maybe.

Associate
OP
So you have a new build but no signal ?

This may sound daft but have you plugged the monitor cable into the onboard socket instead of the GPU by mistake.

I say this cause I built a machine up, tested it, working perfectly.
The lad I built it for took it home and said he knew how to plug all the cables in.

Half our later I got a phone call from this lad. All irate telling me it was broke and I had not built it right.

I went straight round and found the hdmi cable was in the onboard plug, not in the GPU socket.

Easy done ,maybe.

I've checked this. The on-board is only for APU and is a HDMI. The gcard is a DVI. (Although had to have a VGA with DVI connected on)

Associate
I had this issue not to long ago. Turns out it was indeed the GPU not supporting UEFI. Luckily I had another card that would and it fired right up no problems. Sometimes its a really annoying thing you wouldn't think of right away! Hope you get it sorted.

Back
Top Bottom