New build PC - no image on TV on boot up

Associate
Hi,

I've just put my PC together, and it starts up with no warning lights on the mobo, and no warning beeps, however I am getting no image to my TV and I'm a bit stumped. I'm using a hdmi from the mobo to the TV as obviously my graphics card doesn't have drivers installed yet.

Specs are:
MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Intel i5 10600K.
2x corsair DDR4 8gb 3200mhz RAM.
Gtx 1050ti 4gb (drivers aren't installed yet obviously)
Samsung 500gb SSD.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Associate
OP
try a different output you should be able to get some kind of image on screen

I read somewhere the driver for hdmi slot doesn't always work until the relevant driver is installed? The only other port I have in the mobo is a DP so I'll have to pick up a cable if that's the case. Also am I right in thinking the I couldn't use the graphics card to but until I've installed the drivers?

Associate
OP
You should still get an image through the GPU with the basic VGA drivers. Try the GPU HDMI ports, and maybe cycle through inputs on TV, see if a refresh solves anything.
I'm still not getting anything through the gpu either, but the fan on the gpu isn't running, could these mean the gpu is faulty?

Associate
OP
Thanks all, I put my old gpu in and installed my os and then my new gpu worked, obviously didnt like having nothing installed ‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom