• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New build worth 5850 ?

Associate
I was about to order a full new build and was going to go for a 1gb 4890 but seeing as how the 5850's are sub-£200 would it be worth it for the extra £50 to go for it ?

Are the performance gains from 4890 to 5850 worthwhile for the extra £50 ?

Associate
OP
If i was to order say the sapphire 5850 you think there is much chance of getting next week sometime seeing as OCuk currently don't have any stock (i know they have incoming deliveries).

I was looking to build this ASAP but i can wait for the 5850 but don't want to risk not getting any out of the incoming deliveries.

Soldato
If i was to order say the sapphire 5850 you think there is much chance of getting next week sometime seeing as OCuk currently don't have any stock (i know they have incoming deliveries).

I was looking to build this ASAP but i can wait for the 5850 but don't want to risk not getting any out of the incoming deliveries.

I'd say keep an eye out for the stock of 5850s cards to arrive from monday onwards, thats what I'm doing, although I might wait for the prices to drop a little:)

Associate
OP
See that's the problem i pretty much can't wait more than a week from friday for certain reasons.

I really don't want to order one and find out that the full stock of 5850's on monday are already allocated.

Associate
@Bluenose

Don't you know anyone with a spare old card you can use in the meatime?

Cheers,

Nigel

^ what he said, alternatively buy the cheapest card available (to get you up and running) for the system and insert new shiny dx11 card once you can get hold of it

Back
Top Bottom