New Bulbs needed....advice required.

Associate
I desperately need to change my headlight bulbs (very yellow and one has started to dim), and knowing very little about cars or bulbs for that matter i do require some assistance.

I could really do with a recommended online retailer and what types of bulb to go for.

Ive been on http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h7-55w-headlight-bulbs/?bulb_search=c5880&end=front and im getting a bit bogged down by all the different types.

The car is a 51 plate Fiat Punto.

thanks in advance for your help.

Soldato
Osram Nightbreakers!

However, if your current bulbs are noticeably dim you will need to carefully check the electrical connectors/wiring for damage. Headlights normally just blow at the end of their life. Noticeable dimming points more towards a wiring problem or dulled reflectors in the headlight unit (In which case you will need new headlights)

Don
Which bulb is the problem?

Dipped, main (full beam), or sidelights

Personally, I replaced my dipped and beams with Osram nightbreakers.

Plus, what he said ^

They're around 10.50£ on amazon for a H7 pair and similar price for a H1 pair

Don't touch the glass of the bulbs, it supposedly shortens their life

Last edited:
Associate
It probably is the bulbs, but first you should check the voltage at the bulb holders if you can. Ideally it should be within 0 - 0.5v less than battery voltage.

Any worse & you have crusty connections somewhere, 1v less at the bulb holder can result in a big drop in light output!.

Associate
I've put Nightbreakers in both my cars. 51 plate Punto and 57 Fiesta ST. Both man a massive difference to light output.

If you're after white light, you'll be disappointed with Nightbreakers, although slightly whiter than standard, they aren't HID white.

Saying that, the beam spread is superb! A much wider and deep coverage of light. :D

Back
Top Bottom