New car delays.

Soldato
suppose it's the ability of the companies to satisfy the orders despite semiconductor&ukraine which will indicate their financial health

pretty interesting that Honda/hyundai are up 20%/30% over 2021 - how did they do that ?
whereas vw/merc/bmw down -10 ish, so, this probably says where you can get a car from with the least delay, or paying a premium to jump queue.
porsche prioritized production I guess, dacia too.

52142941796_723ded7378_o_d.jpg

What do those figures represent? Sales? I thought Mitsubishi had stopped sales in the UK market. Also seems to be missing Suzuki which outsells a number of brands on there.

Associate
Hyundai to be expected I guess - seeing as they have both the Ionic 5 and the Tucson in their arsenal - both selling very well indeed. Not sure why they are not suffering quite as bad as others for chip shortages etc - unless they use proprietory chips?

Soldato
What do those figures represent? Sales? I thought Mitsubishi had stopped sales in the UK market. Also seems to be missing Suzuki which outsells a number of brands on there
look at full pdf doc linked in original post - vehicles sold, sales share in europe, Mitsubishi&Suzuki combined I assume.

gross profit margin for the cars sold would be interesting too, though; maybe sales reductions were/are offset by reduced car discounts and price increases

Associate
I suspect if fuel prices continue to climb some of the monstrous cars will be cancelled anyhow, unless they were ordered as PHEV versions, and the people who buy them decide to actually plug them in. Also JLR are desperate, they are losing sales hand over fist with Jag, basically selling no cars, so LR is all they have left and they need to maximise every car sale for profit.

suppose it's the ability of the companies to satisfy the orders despite semiconductor&ukraine which will indicate their financial health
I tried to buy an FPace, it's not that they can't sell 'em, they can't make 'em, 12 month + lead time, estimated.

And let's face it a couple of hundred quid in fuel a month against a the backdrop of the monthly on a >70k vehicle, its peanuts no, ok, bigger peanuts than electric, but what ever :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Possibly new in home country but not imported - there's one on AT for £25k with 6k miles on ATM. I think CarWow did a video on it a little while ago.
Looking at the website, must have been the base price at the time imported with required mods for IVA approval but nothing else.

Last update shows as £14595+VAT if you register it yourself or £19595 inc VAT if they deal with it and you want a warranty.

Back
Top Bottom