New car delays.

Soldato
I could have saved a fair whack each month by picking a lower spec version and leaving the Driving Assist advanced pack off. I don't need blind spot assist etc because I have a working neck but 360 cameras are handy for the top down view to help reduce alloy scuffs.

Having said that the main reason I went for Vorsprung was the panoramic roof option. The 360 cameras were just a nice bonus and helped justify the extra costs. But if all the other kit is removed anyway I would not think it is worth the extra £50 per month for a panoramic roof. So if they removed that as an option I would cancel and re-order with a lower spec with less toys I don't care about.

Caporegime
Presumably so are you? All available lighting options on the GLE are LED. The problem is likely the camera for the Multibeam lights, so you'll get the standard LED High Performance instead.

I doubt they are going to fit halogens.

Fair enough, just the auto multibeam bit missing, Which I really like on my current car and would miss.

Associate
This sounds like a nightmare, appreciate its something of a first world problem but I do feel sorry for you folks getting yanked around like this. These are large sums of money people are talking about! I had waited 5 months between November 2019 and March 2020 for a factory order before I cancelled and that was bad enough but some of these build times are insane. I am feeling rather relieved I opted for a nearly-new in March just before this madness became widely apparent.

Soldato
Isn’t the issue that they canceled all of their component orders at the start of the pandemic and now that decision is coming home to roost?

Soldato
Isn’t the issue that they canceled all of their component orders at the start of the pandemic and now that decision is coming home to roost?
Yes and throw in US sanctions on China which shifted production to Taiwan which then had its worst draught ever - and iirc they need something like 10% of total stored water of the entire country per day to create the waifers. Chip shortage started before COVID.

OcUK Staff
Lotus have given me a date of June for Emira delivery.
They have also updated to say the first deliveries or the V6 First Edition cars will also not have high beam assist, lane departure, blind spot, speed sign detection, radar cruise control and some other stuff.

Does not really bother me just hope it still comes in June.

Associate
Ordered my wife a 2022 facelift Polo last week, lead time was estimated by one dealer at 32 weeks, and another at between 6 months and a year, possibly less, possibly more (basically it will appear when it appears).

She doesn't need/want it yet, but with the ongoing delays it seemed to make sense to order it now so it "may" appear by the time she does actualy want it!

Soldato
Lotus have given me a date of June for Emira delivery.
They have also updated to say the first deliveries or the V6 First Edition cars will also not have high beam assist, lane departure, blind spot, speed sign detection, radar cruise control and some other stuff.

Does not really bother me just hope it still comes in June.

I was told that no FE cars would have that during the roadshow back in October as they've not finished the integration/software for it. Personally I'm hoping it's just the V6 and it comes on the i4 as I've got used to most of the functionality and it will be a daily driver.

Soldato
Have I been lucky? Dealership called me this morning and my car is at the garage and now being prepped, going to go pick it up at the weekend. All in took just under 4 months from the date I ordered to the car getting delivered.

Similar situation here, ordered a car (Dacia Duster) in October. We were originally told late February but picking it up tomorrow. Looks like the spare parts bin at Renault is well stocked.

Soldato
EV6 on order since Mid-September with an original March delivery date which felt long enough. Now I may be looking at a 3 month push back to June so not too happy about that. Dealer thinks they are being a bit pessimistic and thinks it will come forward as they tend to under-promise and over-deliver.

Soldato
Similar situation here, ordered a car (Dacia Duster) in October. We were originally told late February but picking it up tomorrow. Looks like the spare parts bin at Renault is well stocked.

To be fair to Dacia, the Duster isn’t packed with the latest high tech goodies and most of it is Romanian steel and decade old Renault parts.

We were quoted 3 months delivery for a 1.5l dci 2WD Prestige in October 2018, causing us to find a low mileage used one for considerably less money.

Of course, this was before Covid hit…

Soldato
To be fair to Dacia, the Duster isn’t packed with the latest high tech goodies and most of it is Romanian steel and decade old Renault parts.

We were quoted 3 months delivery for a 1.5l dci 2WD Prestige in October 2018, causing us to find a low mileage used one for considerably less money.

Of course, this was before Covid hit…

Fair one. We didn't mind waiting for it, the current used low mileage prices are pretty much the same as new! Bonus is that we can use it for an IKEA trip earlier.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Fair one. We didn't mind waiting for it, the current used low mileage prices are pretty much the same as new! Bonus is that we can use it for an IKEA trip earlier.
The fact that 1-year-old low mileage cars are the same price as new ones meant I just went for a car sitting in the show room (with a decent discount). Used prices are ******* mental

Soldato
The fact that 1-year-old low mileage cars are the same price as new ones meant I just went for a car sitting in the show room (with a decent discount). Used prices are ******* mental

We are looking to sell my wife's KA after picking up the Duster. Prices for it on auto trader are almost as much as she bought it for 3 years and 40k miles ago.

Soldato
We are looking to sell my wife's KA after picking up the Duster. Prices for it on auto trader are almost as much as she bought it for 3 years and 40k miles ago.
It is absolutely crazy. Got a valuation of nearly £10k for my wifes Polo!

Bit of a dilemma as we were given the car by the in laws so we don't want to look like we are 'cashing in', on the other hand it has been driven once in the last two months...

Back
Top Bottom