New car ideas

Soldato
A few years ago I was looking for some ideas for a company car and from this very forum got suggested a Jag XE, which I indeed ended up with. In less than 9 months that lease will probably be over (long story, let's not go there) and I'll need a new car. This time though, my options are much wider as I no longer have to worry about BIKs and little things like emissions aren't relevant. So goodbye (probably) diesel.

My inner child wants to get a Mustang. Obviously the 5.0 V8, because why get one of the others? So I'll probably end up booking a test drive to see what they're really like. But I'd be interested in other suggestions for fun driving cars that I could also look at. Few bits of relevant information:
  1. My annual mileage is at least 15,000 miles,
  2. Business lease or purchasing a car are options available to me,
  3. Technically a budget of £500 per month, but that isn't set in stone and if I'm charming it probably could be higher for the right car (Mustang falls into this bracket :D ),
  4. My other half drives an MX5 so getting a Coupe or similar would actually be limiting in some respects, so my head is telling me to be a bit more practical,
  5. "Ownership" would be for 2-3 years only, and
  6. No children or pets that need carrying around.
Other ideas include 3 or 4 series, C class, A4 etc. All very much the same type of thing.

I definitely don't want a SUV, nor another XE. My adult brain does like the sound of hybrids but it would still need to be a good (read fast) drive.

Cheers for reading my waffle, ideas gratefully received.

Soldato
OP
Honda Jazz Hybrid.

Erm. No.

I just bought an M140i Shadow Edition, worth a test drive!

Temporarily drove a 1 series a few years ago and found the front was a bit cramped (and I'm not tall!) Has there been a redesign or are these still the same chassis?

M2 competition

C43 AMG coupe.

Apparently very good.

Cheers both, will add to the list to consider. Although is the M2 any different to the 1 series?

Soldato
OP
M2 Competition or a C43 AMG on a lease for 15k miles a year for 500 quid a month??!

There is room for manoeuvre, and a quick check of the M2 suggested it was doable at 560. The Mustang is way over but the price I’d have to pay is to take someone else’s son out for a drive in it!

Soldato
OP
Based on £500 a month and 9months upfront, your looking at £22000 over 3 years to own nothing. Madness :confused:

It’s almost like it’s not ever going to be a personal asset.

Don’t worry, I’m already resigned to never owning a car until I retire now.

@[TW]Fox it was on a random leasing website, nationwide leasing or similar. At the moment I’m only looking for a rough idea of cost so aware actual will be different!

Soldato
OP
Which is over 700 quid a month after amortising the deposit and I bet that isn't 15k PA.

The £560 I mentioned was 15k PA, 6 months upfront and for 24 months. £4 a month more for 36 months. It was also inclusive of VAT. But it was a “Hot Deal”, but like I said I’m just looking for ideas!

Man of Honour
The £560 I mentioned was 15k PA, 6 months upfront and for 24 months. £4 a month more for 36 months. It was also inclusive of VAT. But it was a “Hot Deal”, but like I said I’m just looking for ideas!

The 6 months up front makes it effectively 700 quid a month...

Soldato
I know, but I’m not worried about effective cost only the actual cost.

what-does-that-even-mean-jackie-chan-300x195.jpg

It's the same thing?!

Back
Top Bottom