• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Card Advice (£200 - £250)

Associate
Current Setup

Motherboard gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3
Processor - intel Core i5 2500K
Memory -Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance Memor
Graphics Card - Asus GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR
Dell Monitor running at 1280x1024

Im getting a new monitor as well, but what would be a good card to get in the 200-250 price range, i was looking at the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 and the KFA2 GeForce GTX 760 but any advice welcomed.

Regards
Rob

Associate
OP
When looking at performance benchmarks is "4XAA" the same as "4XMSAA"?

There doesn't seem to be may reviews of the gigabyte card, but the one i saw seems to suggests its quite good (Sorry not sure if i can link to it or not), so was wondering why you would go for the MSI card when specs look pretty similar?

Apologies for the questions, just trying to fully understand things.

Regards
Rob

Soldato
How's about one of the £270 oc'd 680s and sell the free game? Would put you just outside your £250 bracket but it'd be a very noticeable performance boost.

Permabanned
The KFA2 would be my choice if you don't mind the white :) . Looks to be the fastest and I believe KFA2 are UK based so it'd be good for rma purposes.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-040-KF&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=2255

If you were wanting DVI-D then I would get the other KFA2. I still think you should go for the MSI 760 Gaming Ed. If you really want a 680 I would do it fast theirs not many 680's left and once there gone there gone for good.

Associate
OP
If you really want a 680 I would do it fast theirs not many 680's left and once there gone there gone for good.

If in the future I might get a second card, would it be better going for a 760 card then, or at this price point wouldn't it be worth going SLI and im better off going for the best bang for my buck currently....which is the 680?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to decide before ordering tonight.

Regards
Rob

Last edited:
Soldato
Agree that is a good card and it blows out too;) The games...bla they can be had for peanuts without buying this card.

The games can't be had for peanuts, unless at least £60~ is peanuts?

The idea is to sell them really.
If in the future I might get a second card, would it be better going for a 760 card then, or at this price point wouldn't it be worth going SLI and im better off going for the best bang for my buck currently....which is the 680?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to decide before ordering tonight.

Regards
Rob

If you can afford and justify a more expensive card, then sure. But that card isn't the 680. The 7970 is more powerful and better value.

Back
Top Bottom