• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New Card for GTA V

Soldato
Looking to get a new card for GTA V, Don't want to spend any more then £150 so the 660 is the one im looking at...

My current specs:

MSI Z77MA-G45
i5-3570K (IVY)
8GB 1600MHz
HD6870 (1 GB)
Be Quiet 630w (also need to know if this will be fine?)
Win 7 64 bit

also should I be looking into an i7 or will the i5 be fine/just as good?

Soldato
Well they haven't actually even announced it yet, so your best bet is a second hand Xbox 360 :D

But realistically....assume it's going to have similar performance to Max Payne 3, so i'm sure a 660 would be fine. You might even find the 6870 works well enough because Max Payne 3 runs fine on my system and I have a 1GB 6870.

Either way it needs to be a lot better optimised than GTA IV, as that ran terribly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ask again in 18months when rockstar remember about pc gamers :o

Tbh if it's half the mess gta4 is, what card you use won't matter too much.

Soldato
I think it's just coming out on xbox 360 and ps3 this year then they will release it again next year on next gen and pc.

Associate
OP, I think you should wait till they actually confirm a PC release date before getting a card. The PC release is (optimistically) 8 to 12 months after the console release, so you have a loooooong wait ahead of you, and will be able to put that 150 quid to better use given that newer cards will be out by then.