New case advice - Looking for a left windowed (reverse / flipped) option

Associate
Hi

Im looking to get a new case sometime soon. My main requirement due to space contraints is to have it to the left of my desk next to a wall. Therefore i would ideally need a case with a window on the right side and oriented as such.

I remember there being an old silverstone case that was like this but are there other options. Seems quite difficult to find.

Cheers :)

Associate
I've just purchased the Be Quiet Darkbase 900 rev 2.
I watched some reviews on Youtube. They all said it was a very good case etc.
In reality it is an over complicated nightmare!
I've built \ upgraded computers for myself and friends for over 20 years and I have never had so much grief with a case as this one.
You have to strip it down to install your components but it becomes a long winded affair to put back together.
What I thought would be a 4 hour build became a 9 hour build.
Some of the screws were far too tight. They were that tight that a couple started rounding off, it wasn't my screwdriver set as I've had them a long time and they are top quality.
One did round off and I had to drill the damn thing out.
The placement of the psu is a joke.
The psu shroud is a nightmare to fit back.
I did look online today for some more reviews. I found some on a famous site starting with an A.
The reviews were from people who had purchased the case and they too had the same problems as me, especially the with tight screws.
It's a pity that I didn't see those reviews beforehand as I would never of purchased this case.
In hindsight, I should have RMA'd the case back as soon as I came across the tight screws rounding off.
I had to go on Youtube to watch a video on reassembly when I got stuck because the manual was a total waste of paper and ink!!
It's not a bad looking case once put together but not worth the money and grief dismantling and reassembling it.

Associate
OP
Thanks both for the replies. It is a good looking case. The hassel seems annoying but there doesnt seem to be many options for a reverse orientation case like that.

It gives me something to do some research into though :)

Associate
As the guys have already stated, it's mainly the Be Quiet cases that can be inverted, same with the Cosmos but that is one heck of a case. I have added the links to the cases below :)

be quiet! Dark Base 700 RGB Midi Tower Case - White Tempered Glass @ £186.95 inc VAT

Only available for a brief period: The be quiet! Dark Base 700 White Edition - limited to 3,000 units. Offering unrivaled flexibility with impeccable cooling and silence features.

Only £186.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

be quiet! Dark Base 900 Full Tower Gaming Case - Orange @ £179.99 inc VAT

be quiet! Dark Base 900 Orange offers unrivalled flexibility with impeccable cooling and silence features.

Only £179.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

be quiet! Silent Base 801 Midi Tower Case - Orange Window @ £144.95 inc VAT

be quiet! Silent Base 801 Orange delivers the perfect combination of maximum silence and an excellent usability for remarkably quiet configurations.

Only £144.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

CoolerMaster Cosmos C700M RGB Full Tower Case - Black Tempered Glass @ £419.99 inc VAT

Futuristic design big tower by Cooler Master, with addressable RGB lighting, modular interior, 4x 140mm PWM fan pre-installed, 2x 420mm radiator slot

Only £419.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
thetis is the cheapest and smallest !

mQ9gvkt.jpg

also the Base 801!!!!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-quiet-silent-base-801-midi-tower-case-black-window-ca-12s-bq.html

CA12SBQ_192804_750x750.jpg

Back
Top Bottom