1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Chair time for home office

Discussion in 'Gaming Chairs' started by davetherave2, May 15, 2018.

1. davetherave2

Wise Guy

So after many faithful years of service I think it really is about time to replace my cheap and cheerful IKEA £50 chair that I got 10 years ago as at times it sometimes feels like I am sitting on a bed of nails for any length of time/ extended gaming sessions.

So having got myself a maxnomic seat (ESL Office Comfort) for work 2 1/2 years ago which has been a wonderful experience and is still comfy to this day. I have been looking into the chair market and a lot of new companies seemed to have sprung up since I last gave it some serious thought, so before I decide on my home replacement I am just looking for honest feedback from fellow gamers/ long time sitting down professionals on the current models from:

1) Maxnomic
    2) Noble Chairs
    3) Secret Labs
    4) A.N.Other

I am looking at more the office comfort style ranges rather than the more angular chairs from the likes of DX Racer etc.

I love the padding used in the Maxnomic, after 2 years of me sitting in this thing for over 6 hours a day average it feels as firm and comfy now as it did when I first purchased it.

Given the 3 brands are in a similar price bracket other than the top end leather versions which I'm not really interested in, I just want to know if I should just go with the brand I know or go with an alternative?

2. fiveub

Commissario

I'd personally recommend noblechairs.

3. davetherave2

Wise Guy

That's all fine and dandy but why would you choose them over the others? (Apart from your fine establishment stocking them ;p)

4. fiveub

Commissario

As far as I am aware Maxnomic are not UKFR, so I personally would avoid. noblechairs are extremely popular due to the thicker materials used, cold cured foam, and they look more professional. Secret Labs I am not too sure about.

5. davetherave2

Wise Guy

UKFR? (I'm assuming UK Fire Regulations i.e. safety standards??) fiveub

I have a Maxnomic chair now which came from Germany and from what I can tell both the Maxnomic and Noble's seem to use the same types of material for their chair constructions.

Just as simple comparison of each of the main features of the chairs there doesn't seem to be a lot between them:

listed key features as below:
    • Frame
    • Cover Material
    • Arm Rests
    • Back Rest
    • Lumber Support
    • Tilt Mechanism
    • Gas Spring
    • Base
    • Head Rest
    • Saftey

Secret Labs (Titan Series)
    • Thick steel tubular frame with elastic strap supports
    • PRIME PU leather upholstery and precisely cut cold-cure foam
    • 4D soft PU coated armrests
    • Adjustable full-length backrest recline
    • Integrated lumbar adjustment system
    • Multi-functional tilt mechanism
    • Class 4 hydraulics
    • Sturdy 70cm diameter aluminium base with XL PU casters
    • FREE velour head pillow
    • UK Fire safety compliant (BS 5852)
    Maxnomics (Pro Gaming/Office)
    • Sturdy tubular steel frame with elastic strap supports
    • High quality faux leather (durable vinyl / PU) Durable PU and cold cured foam components
    • “4D” Soft Padded Armrests
    • Freely adjustable backrest that tilts up to 67 degrees
    • Non-built in - Lumbar cushion (cannot be fastened)
    • Comfortable tilt mechanism with five possible positions
    • Small/Medium/Large Gas Spring
    • Sturdy, long-lasting aluminum base, 70cm (27.5”) diameter/ Standard Casters (option to change)
    • Head pillow with anti-slip coating
    • Conforms to EU Safety Standards

Noble Chairs (Icon Series)
    • Steel Frame
    • Top Grain Leather or PU Imitation Leather (cover)/Deform-resistant cold foam
    • 4D Armrests with maximum adjustability
    • Adjustable backrest angle (90 to 135 degrees)
    • Non- Built in (Lumber cushion) ????
    • Multi-functional tilt mechanism
    • Durable hydraulic gas lift (class 4)
    • 67cm Strong full aluminium five-point base with 60 mm casters for hard and soft flooring
    • Head Pillow
    • ??? But would imagine it is same as other two

So looking at them purely from a feature only view the only difference really seems to be the lumber support (built in with the SL - cushion feature with the other two?)

6. ChugNorris

OcUK Staff

noblechairs are UKFR approved, meaning that the materials are fire retardant and will not ignite when exposed to a naked flame. As far as I can see, Maxnomic does not have this certification. Whilst the materials may look the same visually, they will not have the same fire retardant properties. Furthermore, noblechairs is the only chair of the three to have the DIN EN 1335 certification & BIFMA accreditation, relating to long term office use and ergonomic standards.

7. Shoeyuk

Gangster

I quite like a varier kneeling chair

8. davetherave2

Wise Guy

I guess the proof is in the pudding as they say. Maybe I will have to pop over to OcUK HQ and try a sit down in one of the Nobles to see how I get on. Maybe a few new pc parts may be purchased at the same time ;p

9. ChugNorris

OcUK Staff