New Corsair force MP600 no SMART or TRIM ??

Associate
After much grief I managed to clone my old Samsung M2 to the Corsair MP600. I've also installed the Corsair SSD toolbox.

Yet the toolbox shows no SMART information ?. If I try the Optimise option it claims TRIM is not supported on the drive ???

Associate
OP

How do you insert images from your C: drive here ??

Soldato
Could it be something to do with the cloning, is it possible to do a fresh clean install?

No chance, would take too much effort right now...

I think you will find that a re-install will get things working. I'll wager your old drive didn't have TRIM and as such your cloned image also does not support it. A re-install will fix this and really should have been done in the first instance. It takes no more than 15 mins to install W10 from USB to an NVMe drive and things just tend to work better from a fresh install.

Associate
OP
I think you will find that a re-install will get things working. I'll wager your old drive didn't have TRIM and as such your cloned image also does not support it. A re-install will fix this and really should have been done in the first instance. It takes no more than 15 mins to install W10 from USB to an NVMe drive and things just tend to work better from a fresh install.

Lol that's just the OS. I have a lot of software and games installed for me and the kids. I'd be surprised if it didn't take me 2 days.

Update tried various ssd drive tools from other makers, no basic drive info in any, or even drive detection in some !. ATTO benchmark shows the drive but again no basic info displayed.

Tried to find a Phison tool for the new controller and couldn't find any. There must be something properly written as the drive continues to boot, function and benchmark perfectly !?.

Associate
OP
Need a Phison tool for the PS5016-E16 controller !. No luck finding one so far.

P.s. AS SSD benchmark shows it as an 'NVMe Force MP600' with read and write speeds in the region of 2500MB/s as expected on my gen3 board. Still a nice improvement from my old Samsung 950 M2 (MZVPV512) at around 1700MB/s.

Associate
OP
May have found a cause ?

Noticed today my system has a Samsung NVME driver v1.0 installed !?. Must have happened when I fitted my old Samsung 950 512gb. Question is what will happen if I remove it and where is the Corsair NVME driver ?? (win7).

Back
Top Bottom