New Corsair K95 Platinum Giving Me A Headache!

Associate
Just got it yesterday and these are the issues I'm experiencing only after a few hours of use:

- Can't save "advanced" colour schemes to onboard memory - option isn't even there.
- Can't switch profiles using onboard button when CUE software is running.
- Macro keys are mapped to the profile so when you switch profiles you have to re-map them again.
- Pressing "Update" in CUE throws an error message:

"The Corsair Utility Engine has detected an error during software update check"
- Cue throws a "profile conflict" error when launched:

"The stored profile Default HW Profile 1 on your device does not match the current profiles saved to CUE. To resolve this conflict, please press SAVE to restore the original hardware profile settings to CUE or CANCEL to skip..."

Of course pressing SAVE or CANCEL just results in the same message popping up again later!​

- Switching profiles in CUE doesn't always work.
- Downloaded some online profiles... when I click them they don't actually work all the time - I'm here switching profiles and flicking between advanced and non-advanced yet it STILL showing my old colour scheme - OK had to restart CUE to get the profiles to switch WTH? - OK it's doing it again after 2 mins now I have to restart CUE again?

Anyone know what's going on? Should I RMA or is this the normal rubbish people with Corsair RGB keyboards have to deal with? Thanks.

Soldato
Typical of Corsair kit. I've always had issues with all of their stuff, never had a single product that didn't have a niggle.

Expect basic fixes to take months or years. I'm still waiting for a very simple functionality change on the Commander Mini, it's been two years. I've raised ticket after ticket and have never truly been satisfied with a single response.

Associate
I get this exact issue with my P95 as well, has happened more times than I can count, the only thing that fixes this for me in an uninstall and reinstall of the CUE software then it works as intended, just a matter of time before it happens again sadly but still.

Associate
OP
Tried hard reset - held down for 10 seconds... not sure if it actually did anything though... no feedback?

Tried re-install yesterday after like 10 mins of fiddling on with this keyboard.

Can you believe it - 10 mins into plugging it in and I was already experiencing all of the above?

On a keyboard that's been brought out like 100 times over the last 5 years under different numerical names...

Does Corsair have like 1 guy doing all their software programming who's always on sick leave or something?

Soldato
On a keyboard that's been brought out like 100 times over the last 5 years under different numerical names...

Does Corsair have like 1 guy doing all their software programming who's always on sick leave or something?

I've got a k70rgb, it took them over a year to stop it doing rainbow effects when the machine was off.

Associate
There's a workaround for the update, had the same issue for both firmware and CUE updates. Just need to plug the KB into different USB ports on the mobo and should update no problem.

Soldato
There's a workaround for the update, had the same issue for both firmware and CUE updates. Just need to plug the KB into different USB ports on the mobo and should update no problem.

unfortunately this did not fix my update issue, but thanks for helping.

downloading the software update manually now so will see if it updates that way or not.

updated the software and update check still ends in an error, version is now - 2.10.71

Last edited:
Associate
Ok, it's also possible to downgrade to an earlier firmware incase that's the issue, but you'll need to get the firmware from their online support team.

Associate
"The Corsair Utility Engine has detected an error during software update check"

i get this with my k95 as well, hope its soon fixed.

This apparently is intentional by Corsair as this points out.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=165959

Corsair make great keyboards (and mice) but they're severely hampered by problems with CUE and they're ability rectify problems.

Best

Wulf

Associate
I have the exact same issue.
I can't switch profiles, theres no, can't turn the light up oor down......
I haven't seen this bad sowftware and hardware ind my 25 years of gaming and building computers.

Associate
Ok, it's a few months on now but I'm getting the same issues! Getting fed-up of CUE issues with my K95 Platinum.

The Profile conflict drives me insane every time I launch CUE.

The Import RGB Profiles from the hall of fame from within the CUE software, never works.

Choosing either Advanced Mode or Basic Mode is pointless; why can't they mix and merge both! That way there's no dead RGB lighting when switching through RGB profiles with keyboard's Profile switch.

Check for Updates never finds any updates (unless there really is only one guy there at Corsair programming CUE software, then we're in for a hell of a wait).

and other issues.

However it has been mentioned by wim-bart on the Corsair forum that "Beta 2.24.48 looks like it solves a lot of problems."... In addition someone else mentions that the new "iCUE" at version 3.+ appears to be working well. This leaves me wondering whether I should give the Beta 2.24.48 a try as the current version 2.24.35 has no updates through the CUE software, or should I jump to the new version 3+ which they have renamed "iCUE".

Either way, I have asked at the Corsair forum whether I should uninstall the current CUE software first, or if the newer Beta or iCUE software would recognise the old install and simply update it. Had no answers/replies yet though.

Soldato
I’m not surprised mate, issues I’ve had for years have never been fixed.

I won’t ever buy any Corsair product that relies on software again.

I really, really hope you get it resolved mate, but my advice is cut your losses, sell it and buy something else.

You should get a good price on MM.

Soldato
My K70 RGB is still going well - but that's because they stopped supporting it with updates.

I guess abandoned means stable.

Yep it’s what I have and it works fine.

They did this with the commander mini, ditched it, went quiet and released a new version, having never addressed the problems and broken features of the previous device.

Back
Top Bottom