New DGteam Firmware (DG834GT)

Associate
Any chance you could give a little advice on how you 'tweaked' things? :)
If your ISP allows, you may be able to just call up and request a different profile. If not, you could try adjusting either via the modem/router's web interface (DGTeam firmware) or console:

• Web Interface
35b6s85.png

A slider value of 50% will result in a decrease of approximately 3 dB from your standard target noise margin. Dropping it right down to 1% will decrease the target SNR by 5-5.5 dB. I don't think there is a hard and fast correlation and it may differ from line to line.

• Console
Telnet in and issue the 'adslctl configure' (resync) command using the --snr switch. I take no responsibility for any problems resulting from you following the examples below.

e.g. drop by approx. 3 dB: adslctl configure --snr 50
drop by approx. 5-6 dB: adslctl configure --snr 1
drop by approx. 8-9 dB: adslctl configure --snr 65500

Soldato
Picked up a GT on the bay for a tenner :D

It had a really old firmware on it, but upgraded to DGTeam's 1018 using the web interface without any problems.

Soldato
Put the latest DGTeam firmware on my DG834G v4 this afternoon. Update went very smoothly, but then the router had the same problem like a lot of people seem to have had; unable to attain an IP address via DHCP. Unfortunately I didn't have the original firmware so was totally unable to get on the internet to solve the problem. So I contacted O2 and now I have a static IP for an extra £5 a month, and everything is well in the world again. Also lowered the SNR which has pushed my sync speed from about 6Mbps to over 10Mbps and it remains stable. :)

Associate
DGT 1012 (I'll have to double check) is based on official 1.23 which fixed ISP DHCP issues but DGT canned it due to 'firewall rule' page issues. 1018 is based on 1.22.

So it might be worth keeping 1012 until netgear fix their official f/w and DGT follow suite!

Soldato
DGT 1012 (I'll have to double check) is based on official 1.23 which fixed ISP DHCP issues but DGT canned it due to 'firewall rule' page issues. 1018 is based on 1.22.

So it might be worth keeping 1012 until netgear fix their official f/w and DGT follow suite!

That would probably explain it. I think I will stick with the static IP for now as it allows me to do other stuff with my server. It also means that I am still getting the 20Mb package with static IP for £12.50 a month, so it's not too bad.

Associate
Hi all,

I've just got a hold of one of these routers, and managed to brick it with the DGTeam firmware. I had already tried the method on page 1 which didn't work for me, I'm trying to flash it using this method: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,5842.15.html

Unfortunately when i go to actually flash the router, it says:

Sending frame on eth0 ( x:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx)
sendto: Network is down

Can anyone tell me how can I fix it? Thanks

Soldato
Does anyone know what the latest stable firmware is? im currently running 1014 which didnt used to be an issue and was running no problems, however for some reason im getting major DHCP issues.

I know 1018 had loads of risks for bricking the router during the upgrade, have they released any more stable releases yet?

Associate
Does anyone know what the latest stable firmware is? im currently running 1014 which didnt used to be an issue and was running no problems, however for some reason im getting major DHCP issues.

I know 1018 had loads of risks for bricking the router during the upgrade, have they released any more stable releases yet?

Not since I bricked it using 1018 last night thinking it would be safe by now, and then couldn't reflash it using any of the 4 methods

Associate
OP
1012 was the last solid build. I'm running 1014, which caused problems for enough people for it to be considered risky. 1018 is probably a guaranteed brick, it's too close to the flash limit hence the suggestion to use their linux utility.

Sadly that thing doesn't work either, happily, several pages back, someone wrote a quick guide which does and several forum member here who were critical or requested previous build had their ips banned from the dgteam forum. Basically, if you disagree with them, or tell them a build is bricking routers, you get brushed aside. Then again, it isn't open source either.

Although I have to wonder about people, capable of coding an adsl routers firmware for technically aware users, who choose to spend time banning ips which as we all know, makes accessing or posting completely impossible :rolleyes: Oh, and you'll get banned for uploading a previous working build of their firmware if they catch you.

If your isp is someone like Be who let you change your target snr (3,6,9db) then draytek make an excellent modem. Getting another GT would be cheaper, but you'll also need to get 1012 from somewhere.

Associate
Stev-O has been quiet for a couple of months, and now the site looks to be permanently down for 'maintenance'. Let's hope they haven't disbanded!

Associate
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom