New DGteam Firmware (DG834GT)

Soldato
I managed to fix my sky branded dg834gt via linux ubuntu ultimate x86 livecd.
it was badly damaged, when the 026 firmware was flashed i ended up with a brick. flashing via GUI.

under the recovery program it was like you wouldnt show any devices and i couldnt even get the router into firmware idle flash state.

my last resort was trying linux method and it worked perfectly.
if you get a magic header error just continue ;)
Just tried this now
No luck so far grrr i hate cmd line linux,
after numerous typing errors i got it to work says it flashed and the lights were working but still cannot get an ip address from the router
Will give it another go another day with a netgear firmware i think,i getting ****** off right now so it is time to quit it for the day
(at least the linux did see and maybe flash the router)

Associate
ANDARIAL said:
Just tried this now
No luck so far grrr i hate cmd line linux,
after numerous typing errors...
Don't forget that for ease you can use tab completion for directory and file names.
ANDARIAL said:
...i got it to work says it flashed and the lights were working but still cannot get an ip address from the router
Will give it another go another day with a netgear firmware i think,i getting ****** off right now so it is time to quit it for the day
(at least the linux did see and maybe flash the router)
You can confirm the whole process while running Linux.

As per post #153:
  • Power off the modem/router for around 30 seconds and disconnect the ADSL cable.
  • Start the modem/router up 'Test Mode'.
  • Boot the PC into BackTrack Live.
  • Start the X Window system (KDE).
    Code:
    startx
  • Open Konsole. Screenshot.
  • Flash the modem/router with new firmware. Screenshot.
    Code:
    cd /media/cdrom
    cp nftp.tar.bz2 DG834GT_V1.03.22_DGTeam_1018_eng_adsldrv026.img ~
    cd ~
    tar xvjf nftp.tar.bz2
    ifconfig eth0 up
    ./nftp -u eth0 DG834GT_V1.03.22_DGTeam_1018_eng_adsldrv026.img
  • Allow a few seconds for the modem/router to boot normally.
  • Perform a factory reset and allow it to boot once again.
  • Acquire an IP address from the modem/router. Screenshot as above.
    Code:
    dhclient eth0
  • Open Firefox and browse to the modem/router web interface at http://192.168.0.1. User Name: admin, Password: password. Screenshot.
  • The web interface initially fails to display due to NoScript restrictions. Click the 'Options...' button in the lower right-hand corner and Allow 192.168.0.1. Screenshot.
  • The web interface should now present normally and allow you to re-configure the device. Screenshot.
  • Connect the ADSL cable, allow around 30 seconds for modem sync, and you should be able to browse normally with Firefox.
Unless you were implying your ISP doesn't provide the modem/router an IP after flash upgrading the firmware? :eek:

Soldato
Any pc laptop i connected after it said it flashed correctly still cannot get an ip from the router,exactly the same as before i tried the linux route
My initial problem was entering ntfp in stead of nftp,lol the times i tried and got error messages and tried again and again until i spotted the error in my typing
Gonna give it one last go on the weekend,if that fails i bin it.Not going to waste any more time on it (already got a replacement from the bay now anyway)

Associate
In post 153 I indicated you should reboot your PC after flashing the modem/router and configure it via your browser in Windows. How about you follow my latest suggestion in post 164 and configure it while still running BackTrack? I am assuming you haven't tried this approach since I did not elaborate on the dhclient command prior to today.

Soldato
Hi ncjok,i got the confirmation saying firmware updated.verified successfully when i flashed it via your method described previously(did not use the dhclient bit though)
But if it flashed successfully i should have been able to reset the router and get an ip surely?
As i said before many thanks for your guide and i will give it another go this week end and let you know how it turns out

Soldato
dont forget you need to flash the eng ) 1018 o23 firmware not hte 026 otherwize you will get NO IP like i did even though the router was connected it wasnt getting a ip for some reason due to the dodgy firmware version becuse it had a dodgy updated adsl module driver.

so use 023 ect.

DG834GT_V1.03.22_DGTeam_1018_eng_adsldrv023o

thats the one you want.

Soldato
:D:D:D YATTA
Done it successfully
BIG thanks to ncoj for the guide and to ViRuS2k for the tip about not using the highest number firmware
Did it via the boot-able usb in the end (installed 2 different versions of Linux to a pc but could not get either to work):D:D:D
edit used this firmware to get it to work
DG834GT_V1.03.22_DGTeam_1018_eng_adsldrv023o

Last edited:
Associate
Yes the DGND3300 works with DMT tool, search for virus2k post as he did a small review on the router showing it worked for DMT tool.

Can the experimental area in DMT Tool with the noise margin tweaks be unlocked using this router???

I can`t see to find virus2k post.

Associate
CAREFUL mind :)
Avoid the very latest firmware if I were you(bricked my router although it is now unbricked)
I `think` I read somewhere that you had to be extra careful flashing a sky router:confused:

Which firmware is most stable? Its going to be used on a very long line (63db) and want to get the most out of it. You can set it into bridged mode, cant you?

Back
Top Bottom