• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NEW EVGA GTX 10 SERIES iCX CARDS NOW AVAILABLE!! **

Soldato
Had I know about the 'design flaw' and fix at launch together with knowing about this revision and the cost, I'd still choose the launch product. With the pads and uprated TIM and having had the card for 6 months and paying £80 less, I can't complain.

Soldato
Had I know about the 'design flaw' and fix at launch together with knowing about this revision and the cost, I'd still choose the launch product. With the pads and uprated TIM and having had the card for 6 months and paying £80 less, I can't complain.

If you plan on keeping the card for a few years, then the whole fiasco is a non issue.

However if you intend to sell it on once a 1080ti, or 2080, 2080ti release etc, the resale value is massively affected. These cards are now forever tainted as the hottest, noisiest and generally worst AIB 1070/1080 out there.

Soldato
Anybody willing to spend over 600 quid on a card right now would be much better served either waiting for the 1080 Ti in a few weeks or even the flood of much cheaper 1080's that will undoubtedly flood the MM.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Anybody willing to spend over 600 quid on a card right now would be much better served either waiting for the 1080 Ti in a few weeks or even the flood of much cheaper 1080's that will undoubtedly flood the MM.

I think you mean Vega. :p:D

Associate
I just don't get how they justify £700 for a 1080, I got my EVGA 980 Ti for £300 with over 2 years warrant left clocks to 1540mhz game stable and at those speeds are only around 15% slower yet I've got £400 in my pocket

Associate
I just don't get how they justify £700 for a 1080, I got my EVGA 980 Ti for £300 with over 2 years warrant left clocks to 1540mhz game stable and at those speeds are only around 15% slower yet I've got £400 in my pocket

This^

Let's hope AMD can save us in 2017 (and from Intel's lack of innovation and pee-taking prices too.)

Still, record profits from Nvidia seem to suggest people will stomach such prices (as has been discussed endlessly), so you can't really blame them or their partners.

Soldato
If you plan on keeping the card for a few years, then the whole fiasco is a non issue.

However if you intend to sell it on once a 1080ti, or 2080, 2080ti release etc, the resale value is massively affected. These cards are now forever tainted as the hottest, noisiest and generally worst AIB 1070/1080 out there.

That's simply not true, not even close. Mine now never hits 70c in any game I've tried in a room over 20c at around 65% fan. It's quite often mid 60s with around 62% fan. This is with thermal grizzly given I wanted to mod with pads and at a minimum of 2012mhz core. Aesthetically it's flawless unlike some and there is no noticeable visible card sag. I'm not even sure I'd trade it with any 1080.

Last edited:
Soldato
AMD save you? If AMD had anything that beat nvidia too end do you think they would sell it cheaper? No, they are a business, not a charity for crybabies.

Soldato

You have no idea what your talking about mate. As Drollic has said it's not even a issue. Stop spreading lies and misinformation on these forums about something you don't even have a clue about.

Caporegime
The prices are fine, if no one was willing to pay these prices for them, then they'd just be sat on the shelves collecting dust, but they're not, they're flying out, even the £1200 Titan is flying out, so Nvidia would be absolutely bonkers to drop the price, when people are happy to pay those prices for them, they are just giving their customers, what their customers want, and thats these prices for their GPUs, remember, the customer is always right. :)

Soldato
You have no idea what your talking about mate. As Drollic has said it's not even a issue. Stop spreading lies and misinformation on these forums about something you don't even have a clue about.

You started all this with me in this thread a while back
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...lent-with-other-manufacturers.18765234/page-2

You can condescend all you like, just because you bought one and have convinced yourself it's all good. However, not only have EVGA updated the design but they are also offering an upgrade facility for people like you. As dave2150 rightly points out, the second hand buyer won't have that option... Hence the hit to resale value.

There's currently £20 difference between the two cards... So when people come on these forums asking if the £20 is justified, what advice do you think people who know what they are talking about will be offering them?

Soldato
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...lent-with-other-manufacturers.18765234/page-2

You can condescend all you like, just because you bought one and have convinced yourself it's all good. However, not only have EVGA updated the design but they are also offering an upgrade facility for people like you. As dave2150 rightly points out, the second hand buyer won't have that option... Hence the hit to resale value.

There's currently £20 difference between the two cards... So when people come on these forums asking if the £20 is justified, what advice do you think people who know what they are talking about will be offering them?

lol

I don't even have that card anymore. I'm just stating facts on how it ran. Only a few ever had issues. It was blown out of proportion again like every GPU that has any issue on these forums. That's why I take any info here on OCUK with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Soldato
lol

I don't even have that card anymore. I'm just stating facts on how it ran. Only a few ever had issues. It was blown out of proportion again like every GPU that has any issue on these forums. That's why I take any info here on OCUK with a grain of salt.

Yes, nice back track.

Dave's point is valid, as was my concern previously.

Anyone buying an EVGA 10 series card will want the ICX cooler regardless of whether they are buying new or second hand. Expect the price of the ACX cooled cards to drop as retailers try to shift old stock.

Second hand value will be affected due to EVGA revising the cooling system, regardless of anyone's personal experience of the original cards.

Associate
If AMD had anything that beat nvidia too end do you think they would sell it cheaper?

Sorry, didn't realise you worked for AMD and had access to all the prices for upcoming products. Silly me.

No, they are a business, not a charity for crybabies.

AMD? A business? Really? Well, the things you learn on the Internet...

And "crybabies".. Seriously, grow up.

Soldato
Yes, nice back track.

Dave's point is valid, as was my concern previously.

Anyone buying an EVGA 10 series card will want the ICX cooler regardless of whether they are buying new or second hand. Expect the price of the ACX cooled cards to drop as retailers try to shift old stock.

Second hand value will be affected due to EVGA revising the cooling system, regardless of anyone's personal experience of the original cards.

Should have got the original 6 months ago for £620 and uprated the compound with the pad mod for better core temps than the revision unless you also take it apart would be my advice. Buying now and I would suggest not to buy either and instead spend 560-600 to avoid feeling ripped off by brexit and the pound being worth peanuts :D

Back
Top Bottom