new firmware out corsair force 3/force gt

Soldato
Thanks for the heads up!

Just installed one of these 7 days ago and I was wondering why my new build wasn't stable.

I was more inclined to blame the motherboard, but after reading through the corsair forum, it's strictly down to the ssd.

They are recommending a clean scrub(from what I've read decreases capacity:() and a new Os install(more grief from the wife and kids:rolleyes:)

This ssd is lightning fast when it works but that's not worth much when the stability frankly is shocking.

Rant over!

Soldato
I installed one of these yesterday and havent had any problems yet, it was the newer version so unless i run into any trouble i wont be using the new firmware just yet.

Soldato
I did have one lock up last night so maybe my drive isnt fault free so i'm now contemplating whether or not to update my drive.

Been reading the forums at corsair and people are reporting that there are still problems of bsod and system freeze, and speeds have considerably dropped!

I'm going to ask OC if they can replace mine with a different brand as there is an obvious fault with these drives.

Soldato
From 1.2 - 1.3 no clean erase or clean installation just did the firmware.

I only put this system together yesterday so couldnt be bothered with a fresh install.

Associate
i have the 60 gb force 3 drive and when i download the 60gb 1.3 firmware file from corsair it only shows 2 folders inside.....1 says 22797_fw_cl_micron_32gb and the other says 22797_mf_mlc_micron_32gb. i tried the fw file and after a minute it failed and lucky it didnt brick the drive but theres obviously something wrong because in the instructions screenshot from corsair there are many many options and not just 2 or am i doing something wrong.....cant get it 2 run at sata 3 speeds on my alienware m17x r3 either was hopeing this would sort that out....can anyone shed some light on this?

Associate
i have the 60 gb force 3 drive and when i download the 60gb 1.3 firmware file from corsair it only shows 2 folders inside.....1 says 22797_fw_cl_micron_32gb and the other says 22797_mf_mlc_micron_32gb. i tried the fw file and after a minute it failed and lucky it didnt brick the drive but theres obviously something wrong because in the instructions screenshot from corsair there are many many options and not just 2 or am i doing something wrong.....cant get it 2 run at sata 3 speeds on my alienware m17x r3 either was hopeing this would sort that out....can anyone shed some light on this?

is your drive on ahci mode in bios

Soldato
It specifically states to only flash with the fw and that the mf will brick your drive.

!!!WARNING WARNING WARNING!!!
Read the .PDF and look VERY VERY VERY closely at the pictures and read the text on each picture. Be sure to flash with the *****_fw_vic version.

DO NOT FLASH WITH THE *****_mf_vic version or your drive will be unusable!

Last edited:
Associate
I have updated my Corsair Force 3 120GB to the v1.3 firmware to try and fix the freezing issues within windows. Before the update, the drive would be detected by the bios and boot into windows fine. After the update (which was successful), the drive is still detected by the bios but hangs before the windows loading screen. However, if I attach the drive to my laptop (Samsung Q330), the drive starts to load windows without a problem. It looks like this FW update has introduced some additional issues. I have switched back to using my old Corsair F120 SSD for the time being. This is on a Asus Crosshair III motherboard with the drive running at SATAII speeds.

Associate
is your drive on ahci mode in bios

yes mate i always use ahci.....took the drive out the alienware lappy and put it in my desktop last night..took the flash first time:) and put it back in the lappy...tried it with atto and its now running 540mb like its supposed to and seems ok :D will report back in a couple of days for an update hopefully all is ok now if not im selling it for something else

Soldato
I have updated to 1.3 as advised by OC, had to do the update using an Asus U3S6 PCI-E Combo Controller though as it wouldn't flash using the on board Sata 3/2 ports on my Sabertooth 990FX.

I shall report back if there is any more issues(probably:rolleyes:).

Associate
I got one of these today from OCUK and so far seriously P***ED off, I unplugged my existing SSD's and plugged this on, ran win 7 setup, gets past the extraction part then BSOD's, changed the cable, same thing, changed bios from IDE to AHCI, still BSOD's. I tried acronis and imaged my other SSD to it and rebooted, cant boot, invalid partition, bad boot drive and other errors. Any ideas? I've got a Gigabyte GA-x58-3UDR and isnt OC'd (yet)

Back
Top Bottom