1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

New fury xx, no signal to Asus mg279

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by carlazai, 30 Sep 2015.

1. carlazai

Mobster

So just got a new fury x to go with new Asus mg279. The monitor was working perfectly with mini hdmi on the old 290 but no signal when I plugged the new fury x in. I have tried a normal hdmi cable and still no signal. Any ideas why no signal to monitor? Pc has booted to Windows log in fine.

2. VincentHanna

Capodecina

How can you tell its logged in fine without a monitor signal?

Did you delete the drivers for the 290 first?

3. carlazai

Mobster

No I left drivers on. There is no signal even at boot. Should I put old card in and try again with deleting drivers. The lights on keyboard did the usual flash on off for when booting

4. Marine-RX179

Capodecina

This might sound silly, but considering that the MQ279 has two HDMI in, is there any chance that you have now plug a cable into the other HDMI port, and forgot to change the input source (i.e. HDMI 1, HDMI 2)? :p

Also I don't think HDMI connection has high enough bandwidth for 144Hz at 2560 res, so shouldn't you really be using displayport instead?

5. carlazai

Mobster

Yes i have a display port, a mini and a hdmi cable plugged in. No signal on all the channels.

I have used the 6 to 8 pin adapter that came with the card as the game cable had only 1 x 8 pin and 1 x 6 pin

6. carlazai

Mobster

Pc works fine with the old card in place.

7. carlazai

Mobster

Looking in the PSU box it comes with 1 x 8 pin PCIE cables with 2 of them. Should i plug both in so 2 x cables going into the card from the psu?

8. Marine-RX179

Capodecina

When you have the Fury X installed and get no signal to the monitor, could you may be try unplugging the HDMI from the Fury and plug into the onboard HDMI, just to check to make sure if the display have not somehow gone to the onboard graphic instead?

9. RJC

Don

Try a BIOS update.

10. carlazai

Mobster

Doing a bios update now.

11. carlazai

Mobster

12. RJC

Don

Does the lead on this psu have two sets of plugs?

If yes, you be ok assuming both are plugged in.

13. carlazai

Mobster

It only has cables 1 x 6 pin and 1 x 8 pin, so i used the 6 to 8 pin adapter that came with the gfx card. I was surprised for a modern psu that it only comes with 1 x 6 pin and 1 x 8 pin cables, no 2 x 8pin

14. carlazai

Mobster

Problem solved, needed both pcie cables to power the card. Many thanks to all that helped