1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Gaming 7 Recieved - Is This Normal?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by The Artfull Bodger, Nov 30, 2017.

1. The Artfull Bodger

Gangster

So I just received my new board this evening, from a company I wont mention (will speak to them dependant on comments). Little surprised with the motherboard wrapping, just wondering if this is standard nowadays?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rroff

Capo Crimine

It wasn't boxed at all other than the parcel it came in? that isn't normal even with OEM, etc. for a retail board it should be fully boxed and with accessories. If you are talking about the bag itself that is normal.

3. The Artfull Bodger

Gangster

No. Sorry should have clarified. Was in box it's just wrapped using selatape that has been cut using what looks like off a roll with a jagged cutting piece like what you'd have at home and taped over like it's already been opened. I could be wrong that's why I'm asking. Previous motherboards were wrapped a lot neater.

K thanks Rroff. Will just put it down to my paranoia.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  4. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

I think it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The wifes Gigabyte board was just sealed with a bit of sellotape but the last few Asus boards that I have recieved have had a yellow and black security tag sealing the bag.

5. Orcvader

Capodecina

Both my original AX370 K7 and replacement K7 was packaged like that, so it's normal, at least for Gigabyte. Think my brother's Gaming 3 was like that too if I remember correctly.

6. facboy

Gangster

Maximus X Hero doesn't even have a bag! Plastic sheet in tray, that's it!

7. The Artfull Bodger

Gangster

Cheers guys, alleviated my fears. Be looking to build tomorrow and it being my first gigabyte build-won over by this site's praises for customer service offered. Just didn't like the fact it was out of stock then 1 appeared suddenly followed by sent notification! As always this place is a wealth of knowledge.

8. Jay343434

Gangster

As other's have said the packaging looks absolutely normal for Gigabyte motherboards.

For peace of mind @Atom80 could give clarification (Gigabyte rep)

9. orbitalwalsh

Mobster

one of those of RMA center is in UK but like all other vendors , made in china and those workers work like lightning and just wrap and go!

10. Davanius

Hitman

It should be fine although my gaming 7 didn't look that.

11. The Artfull Bodger

Gangster

Cheers for responses guys, I'm happy enough - board works fine, vrm temps are good e.t.c. so can't complain. Now I just got to try and source a delid tool so I can tame that spicy cpu!

12. orbitalwalsh

Mobster

Sold.mine then coffee came out :(
    Might have to buy another one , planning to run in itx system ... Toasty

13. Okanda

Associate

uh thats some unusual wrapping. Maybe the custom office opened that and checked whats inside. may be.

14. mattyfez

Sgarrista

I'd guess it's a dsr return or something similar, as the antistatic bag looks a bit iffy.

If it's working fine though then whatever. I'd guess you paid a bit less for it than the going rate?