New gaming laptop - Medion Erazer opinions

Hi everyone,
I've been searching for a gaming laptop for 2 weeks now and I found this one with a really good price (£1499):

Medion Erazer X7853 30022549
  • Intel Core i7-7820HK Quad Core Processor
  • 17.3" Full HD Screen
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • 512GB SSD
  • 2000GB HDD
  • Dedicated GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics
  • USB3 | HDMI | Bluetooth | Display Port
  • GSYNC
  • Blacklit Keyboard
It seems to tick all the boxes: GTX 1070 8GB, Intel i7-7820k, G-SYNC, 512 GB SSD, etc. But I have never heard of this brand before. I already read other theards at this forum but I still can't make a final decision.

Would you recommend me to buy it? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Yes :) I checked that thread already and helped me to decide. Thanks.

I think he's pulling your leg. I would snap that up pronto. In fact, I'm going to have a look for it myself.
Cool :D

The only thing that I want to clarify is if it's 60Hz, 75Hz or 120Hz. I could not find this info in the web :/. I'll email Medion in a sec. (To be honest, I still don't understand the difference between those three display options but I've read that 120Hz is the best, would it be worth it even if this model is not 120Hz?)

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry ;)

You could pickup an Alienware with a GTX 1080 for a little more if you get a refurb. Next day on-site warranty is awesome, they fix it at your home or business.

While the AW machines are probably the best bang for the buck. Onsite next day can depend on the issue. For example my motherboard bricked due to a bios update going wrong, and it didn't get fixed till around 3 weeks after. Due to the part not being in stock.

Soldato
While the AW machines are probably the best bang for the buck. Onsite next day can depend on the issue. For example my motherboard bricked due to a bios update going wrong, and it didn't get fixed till around 3 weeks after. Due to the part not being in stock.

Very true. But it still beats sending the whole machine away, I’d want to remove the hard disk if I was sending a machine back by courier.

Soldato
Yes that's the best thing about it. At least there is no sending off and worry about it getting damaged in post etc.

My R4 packed in on a Saturday, they came on the Tuesday and replaced the power button.

The engineer mentioned the board and cpu with the 1080 was pretty scarce so I may have had a long wait if that part had went.

Caporegime
The engineer mentioned the board and cpu with the 1080 was pretty scarce so I may have had a long wait if that part had went.

I suppose they are allowed a “reasonable time” to get it fixed but how long is that? Say it would have taken six weeks. Are you allowed to get a refund or a replacement?

Back
Top Bottom