New gaming mouse - need recommendations

Associate
Hi all,

So my Deathadder Chroma is only about a year old but starting to fail, clicks failing or double clicking, not being able to click and drag etc., which is rather annoying. Only about a year old too.

I love the mouse, but the software sucks, and it only lasting a year kinda makes me want to try something else.

Anything that's a similar size and price range, £50ish, that fits a claw grip, but is more reliable? Main use is general gaming, but I'm not a big FPS player anymore, so it having an ultra pro accurate sensor isn't the biggest deal. Also if there's any good budget options around, I'd happily spend less for something that's fairly basic, reliability is the biggest selling point for me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

<3

Associate
I moved from a Deathadder onto a Corsair M65 Pro and couldn't get on with it, now using Logitech G502 Proteus thingy and it's fantastic. Would recommend checking that out.

Associate
OP
Thanks all for the suggestions.

I initially brushed past both the M65 and G502 because of how they look to be honest, not keen on a mouse that looks like it's from a transformers movie. :p But if they're both decent quality and similar feel to a Deathadder then I'll consider.

The G203 and G Pro both look more up my street, although maybe the former is a bit basic and the latter a bit more than I need. The G403 looks like a nice compromise in features and price between the two, being £40 at the moment. Any thoughts?

OcUK Staff
Associate
I've got a logitech g502 (3 years old and still going strong) and recently changed to a Steelseries rival 600, both superb but I prefer the rival 600. I tried a deathadder elite in between which I liked but it broke after 9 months without a single incident or drop, it's put me off razer products now.

Associate
another vote for a Logitech G502 - very nice and good mouse. I had a RAT 9 before that which was just super comfy with the pinky rest.

Soldato
I'm in the same spot as I've finally reached the point where I cannot be bothered to take apart my G500 to clean the metal click contact springs again.

Does anyone know if the G502s suffer from the same issue? It's the one I've got my eye on at the moment.

Associate
I have the g502 and the g702 wireless but my best mouse atm is wireless, and its the g305 paid £39, and if you use a rechargeable AAA battery with a bit of foil makes the mouse more balanced and lighter about 80ish grams and can get 2-3 weeks of battery life in hi performance mode, or longer in the enduro mode
if you AAA alkaline battery you will get the weight down to 79 grams.

Soldato
I'm using a SteelSeries 300 atm. Not impressed with it to be honest. Don't think it cost too much but small movements are very hard to do. I've tried cleaning it underneath, tried using a mousemat instead of directly on desk. Gaming is difficult. It just doesn't glide around nicely. It has resistance to move, sometimes more so in some directions and then moves too far.
Will be on the lookout for something better soon. Maybe it's wearing but my old non-gaming Microsoft wireless mouse has a nicer/smoother movement. This thing not even that old.

Back
Top Bottom