NEW GAMING PC ADVICE ON A BUDGET

Associate
Hi all,

Could you please advise on the best bang for buck gaming pc i could build through overclockers on a budget of £700.

There is only one requirement that the new setup does not have a graphics card as i have a hi end card which i bought last year. Otherwise the rest i am totally flexible with.

I would be really grateful if you experts out there could steer me in the right direction.

Thank you in advanced! :)

Soldato
Hi,

Which video card? Can have a bearing on case and PSU recommendations.

Would Windows be required?

How much storage would you need to begin with? Would 250GB be ok or is absolutely more required?

Associate
OP
Hi,

Which video card? Can have a bearing on case and PSU recommendations.

Would Windows be required?

How much storage would you need to begin with? Would 250GB be ok or is absolutely more required?

The card i have is a gtx geforce 1060

Windows would be required

250gb ssd would be sufficient, i would likely wish to add on a 1tb secondary.

Be great to see you suggestions on build. Thanks for posting :)

Soldato
Cheers for the info, Air.

You're going to have OcUK build it, right? Otherwise the CPU and mobo won't work together (needs them to BIOS update first).

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £660.59
(includes shipping: £11.70)

I'd suggest posting the spec you decide on, in the Customer Service forum, and asking for a build quote. I've left a bit of room in the budget to help with that, or, if you weren't including that in the £700 budget, then that's about enough for an additional 1TB HDD.

If you could stretch for a Ryzen 5 1600 system like Micky's posted then great but build fee may take you close to £800.

Soldato
Thats doesnt answer the question with all due respect.

Well Micky, it seemed you thought I was referring to your spec, when I was referring to the H110/Kaby in mine. So I explained what I meant.

Does an AM4 motherboard need a bios update to take a ryzen 5 cpu ?

AMD says no. But a few people have posted it needed the second BIOS update for their particular motherboard and they were unfortunate to have gotten one with the original. Not sure how credible that is at this point. Could be though.

Man of Honour
Well Micky, it seemed you thought I was referring to your spec, when I was referring to the H110/Kaby in mine. So I explained what I meant.

AMD says no. But a few people have posted it needed the second BIOS update for their particular motherboard and they were unfortunate to have gotten one with the original. Not sure how credible that is at this point. Could be though.

Yes i did think that , tx for clearing that up.

Associate
OP

Hi Mickyflinn,

Appreciate your input on this. Have you ever had experience with theRyzen 1600? It has had excellent reviews particularly for it's multi threading capability.

Hand on heart it does give me slight caution, i suppose i have been in the mindset that an intel choice would be a better bet. This is more of a belief and looking at the facts the ryzen sounds like a very good choice.

I will put some more thought into this. Out of curiosity if you were to change the processor and m-board to an intel variant what would you go for?

Associate
OP
Cheers for the info, Air.

You're going to have OcUK build it, right? Otherwise the CPU and mobo won't work together (needs them to BIOS update first).

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £660.59
(includes shipping: £11.70)

I'd suggest posting the spec you decide on, in the Customer Service forum, and asking for a build quote. I've left a bit of room in the budget to help with that, or, if you weren't including that in the £700 budget, then that's about enough for an additional 1TB HDD.

If you could stretch for a Ryzen 5 1600 system like Micky's posted then great but build fee may take you close to £800.

Hi Danny

Appreciate you getting back to us and all your help so far.

I must admit with my limited understanding i did have thoughts on a kaby lake processor. This set-up you suggested, with a little more csah would you opt for the ryzen setup as suggested by Mickeyflin above or push for a better intel chip again ?

Thanks again :D

Soldato
Hi Danny

Appreciate you getting back to us and all your help so far.

I must admit with my limited understanding i did have thoughts on a kaby lake processor. This set-up you suggested, with a little more csah would you opt for the ryzen setup as suggested by Mickeyflin above or push for a better intel chip again ?

Thanks again :D

You're welcome.

I'd go with Ryzen 5 1600 if you can stretch.

Back
Top Bottom