1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New gaming PC completely switches off when playing games and doesn't turn back on until switched off

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by Kyle6459, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Kyle6459

Associate

Hey guys, not long ago i bought a £1000+ gaming pc and was really excited to start playing it. It worked completely fine for a few months but now whenever I load up a game, even an old one 99% of the time my pc completely turns off instantly and won't turn back on until I switch it off by the plug until it has no electricity running through it. I have no issues browsing the web or watching youtube/twitch it always happens when I load a game. I am only able to seem to play games on the lowest of graphics settings such as World of warcraft on 1/10 but even then it still crashes. My specs are ryzen 7 2700x, Nvidia gforce 2070 super, ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard, Kolink KL-1000M 1000W 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply, Team Group Vulcan Z T-Force 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel. I really don't want to send it back to overclockers again as I need this PC at the moment.

2. Kurgen

Mobster

possibly the Kolink PSU, they are known to be a bit crap.

3. tamzzy

Capodecina

yeah i'd also put my money on the PSU
    requiring to switch off at the plug = tripping the overcurrent protection (well hey, at least that's working lol)

4. Sparx

Mobster

Is it me, or are we seeing quite a few threads lately about OcUK pre-built systems - having potential power related issues crashing/switching off... and all use Kolink PSUs from memory :o

5. tamzzy

Capodecina

probably being run out of spec due to the current heat lol

6. heatonpkmassive

Hitman

Agree with the rest, power supply.

7. arc@css

Caporegime

PSU.