** NEW GIGABYTE ULTRAFORCE 9xx SERIES LAPTOPS!! **

Associate
P35x

Hi Atom

Very keen on the P35X (even with the debate over 3k v 1080) and likely to make a purchase later today / tomorrow. Was originally looking at the P25X but this looks much better (although as others have said would have liked slightly bigger SDDs)

Quick couple of questions -
can I replace the HD with SDD easily?
Can I put a blu -ray writer in the swappable drive bay and what are dimension requirements for this?

Many thanks

Associate
Hey,

What's the dimension of the screws on the bottom panel (including the RAM access panel screw, which is different to the rest)? I am trying to find the right size screwdriver bit to fit it.

Thanks

P.S. yes, review is coming :)

Associate
Gave in today and ordered one these after reading Cakefish review (great overview feedback on the laptop btw :) )

Was very close to ordering a custom configured one from competitor, it was a fair bit cheaper but did not have the 3k screen and the 2 year global warranty.

I also bought NZXT CRYO X60 cooler as I will be living in a hot country for 3 months, anyone got one of these? Is the cooling good?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom

Very keen on the P35X (even with the debate over 3k v 1080) and likely to make a purchase later today / tomorrow. Was originally looking at the P25X but this looks much better (although as others have said would have liked slightly bigger SDDs)

Quick couple of questions -
can I replace the HD with SDD easily?
Can I put a blu -ray writer in the swappable drive bay and what are dimension requirements for this?

Many thanks

Hi Bigsyuk,

1. Yes you can, but please replace it with care and don't damage anything ;)
2. Yes you can (as well!), the dimension for the ODD is 9.5mm

Hope this helps.

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey,

What's the dimension of the screws on the bottom panel (including the RAM access panel screw, which is different to the rest)? I am trying to find the right size screwdriver bit to fit it.

Thanks

P.S. yes, review is coming :)

Hi Cakefish,

The dimension of the screws are:
There are two types of screws on the bottom cover.
1. M2.5x3.5L CHEESE HEAD
2. M2.5x7L CHEESE HEAD

Hope this helps.

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi Bigsyuk,

1. Yes you can, but please replace it with care and don't damage anything ;)
2. Yes you can (as well!), the dimension for the ODD is 9.5mm

Hope this helps.

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Thanks Atom

Will be very careful :) - I trust no warranty issues with this (assuming I don't damage anything in my efforts!)

Regards

Glyn

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80, sorry to pester.

Any ETA on the P35W CF1?

Thanks!

Sorry guys and girls,

Have just requested that ETA is updated on web-site...

Shouldn't be long now, we expect goods to arrive with OCUK in a couple of weeks time. If luck is on our side they may arrive before the new ETA of 20th November.

Sorry that I missed the question being asked before.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I would also like to know this. The ETA on overclockers is 'overdue'.

Sorry guys and girls,

Have just requested that ETA is updated on web-site...

Shouldn't be long now, we expect goods to arrive with OCUK in a couple of weeks time. If luck is on our side they may arrive before the new ETA of 20th November.

Sorry that I missed the question being asked before.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Thanks Atom, for the update.

I see the ETA on Scan is 17 November yet 21 November on Overclockers. I'm assuming that the true ETA falls somewhere between 17-21 November (Monday-Friday) given it's impossible to be able to place when the courier will arrive with at the vendor during that week.

Associate
Well, I can confirm you are mean, Atom80.

I couldn't resist and my P35X CF1 is due today... after thinking, why buy the P35W and then upgrade it to 16 GB and raid0, while for a little extra difference you get: more powerful CPU, 980M, 3k...

You are mean. And I know I will love it.

Back
Top Bottom