New GPU or just upgrade all?

Soldato
Current spec:

I5 4670k (overclocking doesn't seem to work very well)
Cryorig H7 cooler
Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H mobo
16gb Samsung green ddr3
780ti GPU
Antec 620m PSU
Couple of ssds

So that's what I currently have. It works and it plays the recent games at an ok Frame rate. Do you think just a GPU upgrade would make much of a difference?

I think I have the worst overclocking chip or all time as even a moderate 3.8 blue screens my computer regularly .

I've read about as many guides as I can about overclocking and nothing seems to help .

I'm only gaming at 1080p, but 144hz and will only be running that Rez for the forseeable future.

Soldato
OP

ou supplying enough voltage to chip, should easily handle 4.5ghz ...
This is what I've read but something isn't working .I can get it to boot but once I start playing games it blue screens. Just can't get the settings dialed in correctly to even get to 4ghz.

Associate
This is what I've read but something isn't working .I can get it to boot but once I start playing games it blue screens. Just can't get the settings dialed in correctly to even get to 4ghz.

Have you tried overclocking CPU with the RAM at stock 1600MHz speed?

Got the same Samsung green ddr3 it was effecting the stability of CPU clock at 4Ghz+ when overclocked, never managed to get the hyped clocks out of them. Once CPU was stable @ 4.5Ghz I did manage to get the RAM back up to about 2000MHz with a lot of tweaking on timings, voltages etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Have you tried overclocking CPU with the RAM at stock 1600MHz speed?

Got the same Samsung green ddr3 it was effecting the stability of CPU clock at 4Ghz+ when overclocked, never managed to get the hyped clocks out of them. Once CPU was stable @ 4.5Ghz I did manage to get the RAM back up to about 2000MHz with a lot of tweaking on timings, voltages etc.
I've never touched the ram for overclocking. Unless it automatically overclocks as part of the CPU overclocking?

Back
Top Bottom