New graphics card wont work with warzone

Associate
Hi Guys

I need a bit of help, i have jsut fitted and installed my new graphics card Gefroce GTX 2060 Storm X with the new update 461.09, when i went to optimize and fiddle with setting on warzone which is what i mainly play. It say that i am above the amount of VRAM available, i dont understand why as its a 6Gb GPU.
The current amount it has when i opened warzone was just under 5GB, however it shows that the threshold is lower than that. I dont understand what is going on any help would be much appreciated.

Man of Honour
Googling "2060 6gb vram warzone", it seems this is a common issue with the maximum VRAM being capped (85% of available VRAM) in Warzone for some reason. I'm unsure why this is the case and/or what side effects there might be to any workaround, but it should be enough to get you started.

Associate
OP
Googling "2060 6gb vram warzone", it seems this is a common issue with the maximum VRAM being capped (85% of available VRAM) in Warzone for some reason. I'm unsure why this is the case and/or what side effects there might be to any workaround, but it should be enough to get you started.

Appreciate that i lowered render resolution to 66 what it let me drop it to and it still wasnt enough. From my understanding if they are capping it does that mean it would cause lag issues? I do have a small issue whereby the pc is getting slightly warm on the gpu cpu which i think may be causing some jump spikes whilst playing. I have two roof fans coming tomorrow which i will setup to exhuast to help the single rear clear the heat.
I also have a new cpu and motherboard on order which should help as well. Is there anything else you could think of that would cause spikes in gameplay?

thanks

Man of Honour
Difficult to say without more info (specifically, run an on screen display overlay such as MSI afterburner to monitor CPU/GPU utilisation and temps), but I'd try doing the same google I did and attempting some of the steps outlined to remove the cap.

Associate
OP
Yeah thanks zefan i did have a look and i have managed to remove the cap of the vram which is good still stuttereed but im pretty sure thats due to the overeheating of the cpu which hopefully will be fixed tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom