new guy saying hello and asking opinions...

Associate
hi guys,
a mate of mine lead me to this forum and said it's a great place to hang out ,so hello i'm rhory
so to start the ball rollin' give me your opinions on this please

DSC_0023-1.jpg

i took it for a car forum photo competition entitled "lights and lighting"

i thought the picture looked ok but others have disliked it but not given me feedback as to why?
so give me your best shot guys.....just where did i go wrong with this one .....

Soldato
Claimed, woo.

It's a good start, but its quite grainy. Maybe if there was more space to the right, and a slight crop?

Sol

Sol

Associate
I would have tried to make more use of the reflections in the sand if possible when taking the photo and maybe would have excluded the moon altogether (even though it looks nice). There's too much sky in the photo with nothing much going for it. I don't know what kind of camera you were using but this would affect some aspects of the noise (speckles) and overall quality but a minor point in my opinion for this type of photo. You could straighten the photo a little too I suppose since at the moment it is leaning to the right.

I don't think the photos that bad, I've certainly seen worse but just my two pence.

33L

33L

Associate
Nikon D40 with kit lens possibly. ISO 200 should not give you that much noise. has the image been compressed much. The colour gradients in the sky look a little artifacty (new word ).

Associate
OP
sorry i haven't been back,i had a motorcycle accident ....

but back on course...yes d40 with kit lens,i forgot about the NR but next time i'll try it and i think you're right about the moon out of the picture and make more use of the reflections

oh and yes the moon really was that size

cheers for the comments and forgive the bad typing,it's harder than you think with a cast on ....

Caporegime
I would have tried to make more use of the reflections in the sand if possible when taking the photo and maybe would have excluded the moon altogether (even though it looks nice). There's too much sky in the photo with nothing much going for it. I don't know what kind of camera you were using but this would affect some aspects of the noise (speckles) and overall quality but a minor point in my opinion for this type of photo. You could straighten the photo a little too I suppose since at the moment it is leaning to the right.

I don't think the photos that bad, I've certainly seen worse but just my two pence.

Agreed.

The houses and reflections seem very small with a vast expanse of black. I would similarly compose the photo without the moon. Ok, the moon in a photo is nice, but here the moon is hazy and too far from the subject.

Back
Top Bottom