New Halo 4 multiplayer details

Associate
OP
Eurgh...

Armour abilities.

I agree with you there, i wasn't fond of them in Halo Reach either. I prefere Halo 3 were everyone was just the same, but from a developers point of view, they had to try and make it different to the previous games.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've seen the scans, the game looks ridiculously beautiful from a technical and artistical point of view. A change of developer is exactly what this series needs, with new ideas and new approaches.

Man of Honour
Some things seem good like no respawn time, no elites and joining mid game, but random weapon drops, herp derp armour again and xray vision? No thanks.

I was hoping 343 would gut most of it, start from a solid halo 2/3 core and work up. I did not expect them to keep the stupid armour abilities that ruined halo in there.

Caporegime
Some things seem good like no respawn time, no elites and joining mid game, but random weapon drops, herp derp armour again and xray vision? No thanks.

I was hoping 343 would gut most of it, start from a solid halo 2/3 core and work up. I did not expect them to keep the stupid armour abilities that ruined halo in there.

Agree with all except bold.

Soldato
I like soundd of most of it but why take out Elites dont see any reason too personally. I didnt mindthe armor abilities it was something different Reach imo had the best multiplayer Halo 3 MP was terrible in comparison

Associate
To be honest I don't even care about the content, I just love the nostalgia of playing one of my all time favourite games (CE!) again!

Caporegime
I'm very impatient, and when I die I'm usually not happy so I want to jump straight back in, and not sit there waiting for no reason.

There is no real penalty for dying then, turning online into another cod run around and rambofest.

Man of Honour
There is a penalty for dying. You lose any weapons you acquired, your map position and you lose points. An artificial delay to start playing a game is not a deterrent, it's an old mechanic that is well past due for replacement, which was only used due to tiny multiplayer levels requiring such a system to stop bad spawns.

Soldato
Respawn times have a place in attack/defend gametypes. RTCW/ET (which have yet to be bettered!) wouldn't have worked without respawn times. Otherwise I agree, and not just about Halo. Multiplayer fps have become so horribly bloated in recent years. Everything needs to be stripped back to a minimum so we can concentrate on gameplay and skill again.

Back
Top Bottom