New handle bars, stem and saddle ?

Soldato
Hey all.

My work place finally signed up for a Cyclescheme.
Am planning on using the voucher and get new shoes (possibly 2pairs - one cheaper for commute and one better for longer rides), speedplay, better quality clothing.
At the same time am thinking if it is worth upgrading handlebars with stem, and a new saddle...

For saddle am thinking fizik one based o their spine concept.

Am not so sure about bars....have some basic ITM carbon ones that came with the bike-ribble.

Are handle bars worth upgrading ?
Do not cycle that much but plan is to cycle way more this year.
Thanks for all opinions

Soldato
I'd only change contact points if you want different fit. The performance difference between decent basic branded stuff and the high end is teeny-tiny

Of course if you just fancy something tarty all bets are off

Caporegime
You generally can’t just use the scheme to get bike parts. You’re supposed to actually be getting a bike.

Of course, this depends on whether the shop you use is happy to give you a pretend invoice to go to cyclescheme.

Soldato
They do offer accessories only vouchers where the clothing and shoes would be fine.

Bars etc would need to be clarified but a quick google shows someone being allowed a yellow sells Italia saddle....

Soldato
You generally can’t just use the scheme to get bike parts. You’re supposed to actually be getting a bike.

Of course, this depends on whether the shop you use is happy to give you a pretend invoice to go to cyclescheme.

Depends on the scheme, mine allows for 'safety equipment' and full bikes, which basically means anything apart from a frame or forks.
It's also designed to allow you to make your existing bike safer if you don't want to buy a whole new bike.

I got from Evans on the scheme..
Raceface turbine handle bars
Raceface stem
Ice tech rotors
Sram level TL hydraulic brakes
A set of lights
A new gear cable set
Nukeproof flat pedals
Some other bits and pieces, a new chain, brake caliper adapter for the newer bigger disks

It's all safety equipment as pretty much anything on a bike is safety critical. :D

I was limited to Evans and Halfords though on the one I have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom