New headset

Soldato
Hi Guys,

I am about to buy the new Rig and one thing i have missed is a new headset, i have a G35 and PC350 that are both ready for the bin OR new cloth cups etc.

So i can either make use of my Sony WH1000's OR i need a new headset.

These will be used only for gaming in my man cave to enable the kids to sleep haha. i also have a Z906 5.1 kit so ill use both.

If i have a cans with no Mic i will need a MIC too.

GO'#1

Soldato
Do you want more accurate sound with neutral bass for most easily hearing foot steps etc in games or some above neutral bass punch?
(suspect that Sony has bas burying details badly as its fashion can and likely not that accurate sound in other ways)

Considering that you're trying to avoid waking up kids environment must be quiet and there wouldn't be need for closed ear cup design.
Open ear cup isolates less heat, which is advantage for long duration use comfort, especially if your man cave has tendency to get warmer.
Also with open headphone you could more easily control your own speech volume to avoid causing disturbance.

What kind budget you were thinking as max?

As for microphone ModMic seems to have come nicely down in price, including version with own USB ADC tested to work with it.
(ModMic's mic capsule more demanding than average for bias voltage)

Soldato
OP
I am thinking of around £100, if i can get a much better set for not much more then so be it. but this 1200-1500 build is already 1000 over budget!

I would like a more realistic sound to be fair

Back
Top Bottom