New Home Office PC - Multi Monitor

Associate
Hi Folks,

Apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum. Please feel free to move it.

At my work I have a 4 screen setup and I am trying to replicate that set up a home. From the home PC, I will be using VMWARE Horizon Client to access my desktop at work. Horizon supports the 4 monitor setup as long as all 4 monitors are same resolution and are stacked in 2*2 formation. At work, I mostly run trading applications. Bloomberg, charting software, deal capture system, excel, ppt, outlook etc. I work with lots of data and I would classify this as fairly intensive but nowhere close to gaming specs.

I have put together the following from the configurator. Can you please comment if this should suffice?
The only thing I couldn't select is a graphics card that supports 4 monitors. So any recommendation for this would be appreciated.

So my objectives are
1. Handle 4 X 24" Screens
2. Run VMWARE Horizon without any lags
3. Future proof so that I don't have to change/upgrade in the next 3 years.

Motherboard Asus Prime A320M-K AMD A320 (Socket AM4) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard
Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Quad Core 3.7GHz Processor with Vega 8 Graphics (MPK)
MonitorX4 Acer K242HLD 24" 1920x1080 TN 60Hz 1ms Widescreen LED Backlit Gaming Monitor
Keyboard & Mouse Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse (920-004523)
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home Advanced - Systems
WIFI ASUS PCE-N15 300Mbps Wireless N PCI-E Adapter
Power Supply Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified Power Supply
Graphics Card Not selected - Buy separately as mentioned above?
Primary Drive Seagate 500GB 2.5" BarraCuda 120 SATA Solid State Drive
Memory Team Group Vulcan Z T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel

Also another question I have is from the graphics card output, can I connect one DVI output to 4 Screens or do I have to do 2 DVI and say 2 HDMI/DisplayPorts?

I have looked at some companies that offer such ready made trading bundles for around 1500 to 2000. But I want to see if I can put this together for less than that.

Thank you for your help.
R.

Soldato
whats your Max budget ?
ryzen 1600/2600 would be better suited then 2200G , B450 board as well . How much ram does your Work set up use? No idea personally how much ram easy of your trading programs use/eat - specially if you've got Chrome on the go ?

MSI B450 Carbon would include better wifi but at a standard Desktop size , Aorus B450 ITX would allow system to be as small as can be etc . Both better then above

Associate
OP
orbitalwalsh - thanks for reply.
I have 16GB RAM on the office PC and I am never left wanting for more so I assume 16 GB should be enough. One thing to note is that my office PC actually runs these applications natively whereas my home PC will only "display" these applications via VMWARE i.e. they will still run on my PC at work when I work remotely. Is that correct?

Let me check out the two options you mentioned. Standard desktop size is not an issue at all.

Struggling with finding the right graphics card for this setup. Appreciate any guidance there.

Soldato
orbitalwalsh - thanks for reply.
I have 16GB RAM on the office PC and I am never left wanting for more so I assume 16 GB should be enough. One thing to note is that my office PC actually runs these applications natively whereas my home PC will only "display" these applications via VMWARE i.e. they will still run on my PC at work when I work remotely. Is that correct?

Let me check out the two options you mentioned. Standard desktop size is not an issue at all.

Struggling with finding the right graphics card for this setup. Appreciate any guidance there.

Ah yeah, sorry your accessing work pc, that will be doing the heavy lifting . Still would push for 2600 ryzen on the cheap incase you have to do any work in your home PC for any reason and will last a fare bit longer .

Prob could even get away with 8GB !

4 plus outputs but a bit ££

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/evga...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-30e-ea.html

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-18n-pc.html

these are for commercial use/non gaming

https://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/video-wall/d-series/

https://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_cards/m_series/m9140lppciex16/

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom