New HTPC build advice please (case related)

Associate
I'm looking to build a new HTPC build pretty soon which will be put under the main big TV. I'll be installing xbmc only.

I'm thinking of getting the new Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe when it's available and I'll be installing xbmc only on it. I'll only be using this for 1080p movies and a few emulated games.

What I'm after is this... What is the smallest Mini ITX case that doesn't include space for a CD drive?

Also, the only space I need in the Mini ITX case is enough space for a small (spare) SSD that I have spare.

The movies and stuff will all be housed on a 2TB drive in my Cooler Master X Craft 360 external Hard Drive Enclosure.

Soldato
The smallest case? That will be the M350 enclosure.

- Size 192 x 210 x 62mm
- Volume (L) = 2.5L

Can get a vesa mount for it too, it will just fit a m-itx system with an ssd. So if you don't mount your TV on the wall then you will be able to directly mount it to the back of the TV. It has many small holes to allow airflow throughout the case without a need for a case fan, what cpu were you thinking?

Soldato
Another one is the Akasa Crypto Vesa, another vesa mount case but it is a little larger. Though for ~£75 you can get it with an 80W pico psu which depending on the cpu used will be fine.

245(W) x 227(D) x 68(H) mm
Volue = 3.78L

Back
Top Bottom