New IEMs

Soldato
I bought the TFZ Exclusive 3 a few weeks back but only just opened the box. Just wanted to share my initial impressions. Here's some pics. They're stunning to look at, red and blue on one side and metal on the other, solidly built, come with a white pleather bag, nice quality detachable cable and have excellent SQ. Originally bought from Penon Audio but they went missing in the post, so I got a refund and bought another pair through a seller on ebay.

20190130-142355.jpg

20190130-143030.jpg

20190130-144426.jpg

20190130-151034.jpg

20190131-160041.jpg

I'm comparing to my iBasso IT01 iems which are almost twice the price. I used pretty much identical wide bore silicone tips for both iems. Both are incredible at pulling detail from the recordings and have exceptional soundstage.

These TFZs are considerably brighter than the iBassos, treble is crystal clear and mids are certainly not recessed. Bass is decent, quite punchy upper bass though a little lacking in lower and sub compared to the iBasso.

Going back to the iBasso after listening through these makes the ibasso seem a little veiled on the treble. But to be honest, once my ears readjust, I find the iBassos much warmer, fuller and more holographic sounding.

Overall, I do like the TFZs, but perhaps a little fatiguing compared to the iBasso. The iBasso has a deeper low end which I prefer, but that said, the TFZ has a tighter cleaner punch. I suppose I could say the TFZ has more midcentric tuning.

Of course, everyone has different taste and some might prefer the extra clarity of the TFZ while others prefer a bit more lower bass. And the tips make a HUGE difference. The shells on these are not too big and make for a comfortable fit and a good seal. The iBasso IT01 are a bit chunkier but also fit my ears like a glove and give me a slightly better seal which might account for slightly better bass.

My iBasso IT01

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah rids, there's some great chi-fi iems out there. It's a very nice cable. Thinner though than the cable that comes with the iBasso. Here's a couple of pics showing cable and shell size differences.

20190131-232310.jpg

20190131-232155.jpg

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Nice was going to order off either the Yinyoo v2s which has got the chifi community and audiobudget.com reviewer all excited, guess so many to choose from and reasonably priced but am happy with my soundmagic E10s but wanted to see if they have improved that price/performance point.

I think you hit the nail on the head its so important to get a good seal, you see guys over on audiobudget discussing the need to blue tack mod exit holes or bass holes and changing wide silicon tips or trying different memory foam tips just to see if the sound quality changes or improves. Crazy such small tweeks can
change the sq so much.

I do like the overall package those tfzs have, they chucked in memory foam tips also and wire looks good quality, its possible after a good burn in those tfzs become more relaxed and sound better also.

Back
Top Bottom