New iPads Tomorrow??

Soldato
Mine has arrived. Really impressed so far.... Pic shows size and screen difference to mini 4..

IMG_0148_zps5ya9w8ae.jpg

IMG_0149_zps7wxzbl3y.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know about you guys but other than the screen (and how blisterinhly quick it is compared to my iPad 3) the thing I love about it most is the audio. The sound from such a thin device is fantastic

Associate
Had a play with the 10.5 at lunch and the thing that stood out was the keyboard being more usable. Managed to type quickly and correctly and wasn't too awkward when compared to the smaller 9.7 variant. Am seriously thinking about getting an iMac 27 and 10.5 64GB as my portable device instead of a sole MBP TB 15.

Soldato
I don't know about you guys but other than the screen (and how blisterinhly quick it is compared to my iPad 3) the thing I love about it most is the audio. The sound from such a thin device is fantastic

Coming from a 3rd Gen iPad - I was blown away by the volume and sound quality from the iPad Pro!

I'll have to take a look at them ESR cases - That one looks quite nice!

Soldato
The screen is great I'm sitting in the garden and it's perfectly visable. It cranks the brightness up so I bet the battery won't last long but nice to be able to sit in the garden with it.

Associate
That's essentially what I am aiming for. Already got the 27" iMac - a few years old, but going strong - and about to sell my 13" rMBP.

I have never had an iMac. I sold my 2009 MacBook Pro 15 recently which lasted me ages and only have had a laptop but thinking to have a dedicated space to work and then have the iPad for non critical tasks and short bursts of work and just sync online or back to the iMac via my Synology. The new features in iOS should make for a more usable tablet.

Soldato
I have a MacBook and although the new iPad is great I don't think I could do without the MacBook just yet. Some things are just easier with a mouse and keyboard.

Associate
I have a MacBook and although the new iPad is great I don't think I could do without the MacBook just yet. Some things are just easier with a mouse and keyboard.

This has been at the back of my mind. My reasoning for the iMac was to place it in the corner of my room and have a dedicated work space rather than carting the laptop around the house room to room and just use the iPad for those administrative tasks or light coding or image editing.

Soldato
Going to pick up a 64GB ipad pro this Saturday :D

I was going to get the smart cover to go with it but they seem really expensive, are there any better alternatives?

Back
Top Bottom