New lens! Yay

Associate
Got my first lens today aside the kit lens.

Anything i should know when using it to maybe help me in any way ?

Il be using at the weekend for some moto-x action.

Here she is:
newlensio9.jpg

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

Great lens, ultra sharp and quick to focus. I have my own copy of this lens and use it for Motorsport, have been able to pan as low as 1/125 at 200mm.

You will find it short if you take it to circuits like Silverstone or Donington. However I have heard that results are still meant to be good with a 1.4x tele added; which then offers nearly 300mm range. Would be able to offer more advice in the near future when I should have a 1.4x to test out with it.

Best value 'L' series going.

Associate
OP
Nice, you made a great decision in the end :)

Turned down the 100-400 L then?

Yer unfortunately. It was just too big and heavy for what i need and want. I had a play though and it seemed to be a nice quality lens.

Probably wish i had bought it in a few months time, not many at that price come around. Never mind :)

Associate
OP
It was £350 and was in excellent condition. It was owned by an old bloke near me who now cant walk very well so cannot get out and use it. I just didnt want to buy a lens i had no use for.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

It was £350 and was in excellent condition. It was owned by an old bloke near me who now cant walk very well so cannot get out and use it. I just didnt want to buy a lens i had no use for.

That was a fantastic price.

Associate
OP
I have a quick question if you dont mind.

The lens hood is great, makes life easier.

Do you think i should get one for the kit lens i have ? Or just forget that lens and opt to buy a replacement lens in a few months time ? If so which lens is suitable? I dont want to spend £300+ but i could probably justify say around £200. Maybe get the lens hood and also a replacement lens ?

Associate
OP
I understand what you are all saying, but theres more to the story then what i said. I didnt want to mention it but someone replied about it.

Dont worry about it :p
Ryan

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Broken in some way or stolen.

The lens is worth twice what it was being sold at. Unless the buyer is incredibly naive about it's value there has to be something wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom