New LG OLED demo

Caporegime
will watch on my plasma, IPS TV, TN gaming monitor and FALD tv when it arrives at the weekend and see what all the fuss is about and would be good to compare every tech there is apart from just OLED.

Soldato
OP
Looked well on our 2016 OLED. Surprising how many of these demos are on youtube.
What really gets me is how bad this demo looks on my PC monitor compared to my OLED

It not only the blacks it more too do with it looses most the high looking detail and also looks really dull when watching it in full screen on my PC monitor...

Caporegime
watched it on my gaming monitor (TN panel which has been calibrated using a calibrator) and it looked amazing. 1440p screen. will need to now watch on the FALD VA to see if 4k and HDR makes any difference.

V F

V F

Soldato
What really gets me is how bad this demo looks on my PC monitor compared to my OLED

It not only the blacks it more too do with it looses most the high looking detail and also looks really dull when watching it in full screen on my PC monitor...

It's because the contrast ratio is so low. Most computer displays are anything from 500:1 - 1500:1 vs your infinite OLED.

Soldato
I just watched that on our, professionally calibrated, LG 65C7. It looked fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

It's a shame there isn't a lossless version available though, YouTube compression algorithms detract from it.

V F

V F

Soldato
About that number... Its fake. Just like the days when they used to advertise 600hz tvs.

Yep. PC monitors don't have 0 blacks. You can measure the contrast ratio with an i1 Display Pro or a Spectroradiometer. The contrast ratio is poor on PC displays.

Associate
Just watched the demo on my Samsung 27HG70 in HDR and on my Samsung MU6500 and it looks very good.

The 27HG70 is brighter than the TV but I will get my new Sony XF90 tomorrow morning and must remember to try this out somehow.

Soldato
yes - youtube vp9 4k videos, with something like
youtube-dl.exe -f 331 /FRGF77fBAeM --restrict-filenames -o "vid.%(ext)s"

Back
Top Bottom