*** New Lian-Li II Lancool Mesh Cases ***

Associate
Picked mine up earlier after not having an email to come and collect for nearly a day after I put the order in, called them up and it was ready after all that time.

Going to be doing a late night build tonight I think! and of course, with a bottle of beer on the side :D

Associate
Got mine yesterday but didn't get round to changing case till late last night, got to say its one hell of a case and the air flow is immense.

It was pretty easy to work with can't complain, not liking the extra fans I got there lian-li but there a bit noisy unlike the ones that came with the case there better go figure, so will get some other at a later date.

Did a little mod well not so much a mod I just cut a bit of mesh to cover the hole at the bottom of the front panel, see photo, sorry there not the best but you get the picture lol.

Some pics so you can see the case and build.
St7uMcJ.jpg
uRDQWvN.jpg
fWbCcsM.jpg
8NU58JC.jpg
xquO6AY.jpg

The bit of mes I cut to cover the hole on front panel.
oZDmzMt.jpg

Now some pics with the lights on,the 1st and 2nd with white lights (it looks white in person not pink like the first pic) is what i use the others just to show you and give you idea of what its like.
1KjwOsV.jpg
BqmJcm0.jpg
xmimEY8.jpg
K5ZHd50.jpg
XTLrVX2.jpg
LhxVrQL.jpg

How have you mounted your HDD on your SSD bracket

Soldato
I received mine yesterday. Decent build quality. It’s very big!

Major issue is that all 3 fans are broken/noisy, making a click or buzzing sound. Even at low speed, they’re abysmally loud.

Anyone looking at the case I’d recommend replacing with some bequiet fans or something :)

Soldato
My front fans make no noises sounds like they dropped your case. Am pretty impressived by the insane airflow through the case. Pretty mad compared to my 220t

Associate
I received mine yesterday. Decent build quality. It’s very big!

Major issue is that all 3 fans are broken/noisy, making a click or buzzing sound. Even at low speed, they’re abysmally loud.

Anyone looking at the case I’d recommend replacing with some bequiet fans or something :)
yeah, my fans are the same. ive put in my 2x 140mm silent wings 3 and are much better. still need to replace the rear 120mm as its making a noise. waiting for OCUK to stock the Arctic P12 and P14's.

My front fans make no noises sounds like they dropped your case. Am pretty impressived by the insane airflow through the case. Pretty mad compared to my 220t
yeah, the airflow is insane and the amount of airflow the stock fans move is amazing but its loud :(

Associate
Got my Performance version set up.

Fantastic case to build in and great airflow, but the included fans are terrible. All three of them make a horrible grinding, vibrating noise, so they'll have to go.

Also, I measured the internal dimensions at the top of the case and I can't really see any reason why a 280mm AIO wouldn't fit, despite Lian Li's claims to the contrary. Gonna get me an Arctic Liquid Freezer II and give it a try.

It looks like there could also have been room for 3x 140mm fans in the front, but the removable fan tray has a 90° bend at the top which doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than getting in the way and wasting nearly an inch of space above it. Not sure what that's all about. :confused:

Associate
The case with the free cable is still in your shop, albeit out of stock. Is that because all 50 of them have gone and the offer is no longer running? Or can I order for fulfilment at a later date?

Associate
The case with the free cable is still in your shop, albeit out of stock. Is that because all 50 of them have gone and the offer is no longer running? Or can I order for fulfilment at a later date?

I spoke to customer service because I was ordering the black performance version and this was their response: 'no cable as this case was not eligible for the promotion you are referencing, which has also now ended.'

Associate
I see the case with cable is now showing as unavailable. I've ordered the case on its own. Looking forward to getting it; the boys and I think it's a very nice looking case, especially in white.

I never intended to buy a case, but to use an old one. Here I am, well and truly bitten by the upgrading bug.

Associate
I see the case with cable is now showing as unavailable. I've ordered the case on its own. Looking forward to getting it; the boys and I think it's a very nice looking case, especially in white.

I never intended to buy a case, but to use an old one. Here I am, well and truly bitten by the upgrading bug.
it's an amazing case, you'll like it! lots of airflow!

Associate
The case arrived today and I'm really very, very, pleased with it. It looks and feels like a quality product. I've had a couple of Lian Li cases over the last 25+ years and this, especially when you consider how inexpensive it is, is well impressive.

I got the LED strip to go with it and also have the hot swap drive bay thingy, on route.

It's up and running and we're (me and my sons) over the moon with it. I'll try to get some pictures to do it justice.

Associate
So this case actually can fit a 280mm radiator up top, but only if you have enough RAM clearance, which most people probably don't.

You'd need RAM that was no taller than 31mm, maybe 32mm max, which for DDR4 means you'd probably have to remove the heat spreaders entirely (not recommended!!). Unfortunately, that would most likely void your RAM's warranty, and if your heat spreaders had strong adhesive you'd also run the risk of pulling the memory chips right off the sticks, so be warned!

I'm currently still on DDR3 (which is about 0.9mm lower than DDR4), and my sticks have low profile heat spreaders, so I've just barely managed to squeeze in an Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 with no modifications required at all.

The other issue you might run into is if your motherboard has one of those enormous shrouds covering the I/O ports. A thick radiator with standard fans might have trouble clearing that, (although the radiator can slide further forward to some extent), so it might be necessary to try and remove the I/O shroud or use a thinner radiator and slimmer fans.

Back
Top Bottom